SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Sage User

Changing Channels

This is a stupid question but I didn't see the answer in the manual. I'm running SageTV client and I'm trying to figure out how to change the channel while watching Live TV. I type in the channel number and it looks it is taking the channel number but when I hit enter nothing happens.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

What type of input do you have? Coax or STB with USB-Uirt, IR200L?

Is the channels changing on the Server, is it just the client that is giving you problems? Give us some more info to work with.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Sage User

Sorry I didn't give more info.

I'm using coax on a PVR-150 and I have only tested it from the remote client. If I go into the guide and change channels then everything is fine but when I try from live TV it doesn't take it.

The server I'm testing it on is having some problem with it's audio so the front-end won't run correctly on that machine.

Am I suppose to be able to change the channel just by typing in the channel number and hitting enter?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Never mind it seems to be working correctly now. Maybe it had something to do with not having downloaded the complete guide.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvic
Am I suppose to be able to change the channel just by typing in the channel number and hitting enter?
As long as it is live & isn't being watched on another client/server, it should be able to change the channel. Do the Channel up/down commands work?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Sage User

That may have been what it was. I think the front-end was still running on the server.

So can you explain how that works? Say you have 1 server with 1 tuner and multiple clients. Does the first client to attach get control over the channels? Is this info documented anywhere. I'll admit that I only skimmed over the user's guide so it you need to tell me to RTFM go right ahead

Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvic
So can you explain how that works? Say you have 1 server with 1 tuner and multiple clients. Does the first client to attach get control over the channels? Is this info documented anywhere. I'll admit that I only skimmed over the user's guide so it you need to tell me to RTFM go right ahead
While the manual is fairly large, this is one topic that I don't remember covering. If there are 2 PCs watching the same live channel on the same tuner, I don't believe either one will be able to change the channel until the other one stops watching the show. I hardly ever watch live tv; pre-recorded shows, of course, does not have this issue.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.