SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Image quality

I installed NVDVD to get the codec to use with Sage. It gave me two options for Video codecs. There was Nvidia decoder and Nvidia Post Processor. Which one do I select? I had selected the decoder but the live TV image quality looked exactly the same as when I used the Sage one. Still fuzzy and blurry, still the color being a bit too bright. Somewhere on these forums I read you can adjust the settings for the nvidia codec, but the only thing I found was NVDVD settings and no matter what I set the settings to there, the Sage quality remains unchanged.

I actually tried MCE, and the image quality was far better, very sharp image, almost identical to live TV, although I had as nasty ghosting problem with moving objects, I think the motion blur was set to high. But oddly, Sage (on a different HD) still looks fuzzy. If MCE had the recording options that Sage had I'd would have probably already made the switch, but it doesn't. So here I stay. Although I'm beginning to get very annoyed, now that I know it isn't my PVR150 MCE Tuner card and it isn't my Geforce 4200 video card, nor my S-Video.

I did manage to improve the quality a tiny bit using ffdshow with tinkered settings, but not enough to make TV watchable and not be irritated.

I've tried everything else. I've tried changing the Deinterlace options, Overlay, 3D Acceleration, desktop resolution, PVR Tweak Tool, all of it and nothing.....