SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Question Intermittent recording of a favorite show

Recently my sage tv rig 2.2.8 release (recorder and server) has been exhibiting flaky behavior. It seems to work fine EXCEPT for the daily "favorite" recording of "The Young and the Restless." My wife reports that it records "Y&R" every other day ... not *every day* like it's 'sposed to.

This is starting to become an issue -- because a main pillar of support for this HTPC endeavor was my promise to effortlessy record the soap.

The Favorites settings look fine (first run + reruns, channel 4/WDIV only).
I've checked the Scheduled recordings -- the show is there waiting to record ... so this is a mystery. I looked through the forums and FAQs but found nothing that seemed to help.

The box is set to go to S3, then wake and record programs. It wakes to record other programs -- and sometimes this program -- but not always. I dare say it's been reliable up till now.

The only thing I knowingly changed recently is the servicecontrol.exe/login thing. To access music on a shared drive/UNC path I configured the service to login with a password as instructed.

so ... what to do? reboot? repair something? reinstall everything? abandon SAGETV in favor of a linux solution that will likely cost me what's left of my family?

--
AMD Sempron 2400+
MSI KM4M-V
512 ram
160GB SATA
PVR-250
eVGA NVIDIA mx4000
Old 05-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Administrator

If you haven't restarted recently, it can't hurt to try that.

You are sure the missing episodes were in the Recording Schedule? Have you checked the Recording Conflicts screen to see if somethign else is getting recorded instead?

If you suspect power management isn't waking the PC, you could try disabling that for a while & see what happens.

Is the fav set to keep only N number of episodes & not auto-delete any? If so, set it to keep all.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Sage User

Thank you for the help. I'm pretty sure this glitch was caused by a power management boo-boo that I invoked when fiddling with WAKE ON LAN settings not long ago. (I wanted the client (upstairs) to ping the server to wake up (downstairs). I think it worked, but I might have messed up the Windows control of the PME stuff. Anyhow, it seems to be working fine now. More drama later ...