SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Awoke this morning to find no recordings

Last night everything was working great. We had just finished watching CSI, had 24 ready to go for the next day... yadda yadda yadda. I activated the "new" commercial skip program that comes with Cayars18e (runs in a DOS window), it found the new recordings of the night and began to process them. I minimized the DOS window, made Sage full screen again and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and on my way out to work I make sure Sage is running as it should so the wife won't have to struggle with it, ending up in a phone call to me "Why isn't the TV working...?!" Anyway my media libray was hosed. Sage said that I had 956GB free (somehow it takes the size of the where the recordings go, E:, and combines it with freespace on C:\ to get the capacity). So I Explore my E:\ and low and behold, I have a "FOUND.000" directory full of "fileXXXX.chk" files. Some were recoverable but most were not.

So my question is, has anyone else seen problems with the commercial detection program that comes with Cayars18e? Had it ever caused chkdsk to kick in and scan the drive?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Heya,

I am not using ver 18+ but can say that I doubt the problem is 18e or comskip. I'd have to guess that the machine got rebooted at a critical point and something like the wiz.bin got corrupted. One thing comes to mind is a hard drive failing. Check out hdtune.com, its a great quick utility that'll do a check of your drive. Do the full scan, not the quick. If it shows any bad space then I'd venture to guess the drive has errors or is failing.
What OS are you running btw?