SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Can I Hide the mouse cursor?

Is there any way to hide the mouse cursor when viewing live tv or recordings? Right now I have to move the mouse to the bottom-right corner, but it has a way of creeping back into the middle of the screen over time...
Old 05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pressing play while watching a show brings up the display. After a few seconds the display disappears and so does the mouse cursor till you move the mouse again.

That should do it..
Old 05-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

setup -> general -> hide mouse icon

the mouse dissapears when the OSD autohides

Gog
Old 05-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

I've done those things, but the mouse never disappears...

Hiding the mouse icons just gets rid of some of the arrows like at the top left corner of the screen, but doesn't seem to have any effect on the mouse.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage (for me) only hides the mouse when it is in focus... As I drive it with the remote, sometimes when I pop it up from sleep, or if another Window pops up, Sage loses focus, but the remote commands still work. (you cannot see this in full screen mode)

Click the mouse on Sage gives focus back, and then Sage hides it!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Sage Expert

ok... I'm having the same problem now... the mouse won't go away. There's no other windows in the background. There's nothing else running at all. The setting in general is disabled... the mouse cursor just won't go away. And while watching TV, the OSD will not go away while the mouse cursor is there. I have to hit the green button to get the OSD to go away and the mouse cursor still remains.

This is REAAAAALLY irritating. I am bringing some friends over in the morning to show off sage on the big screen HDTV at 1080i.... and this starts happening.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Correction to my above msg:
  • Mouse curser only hides when sage is in focus and in full screen mode (not in a window, nor just maximised)
  • Mouse will auto hide a few seconds after the last key (mouse, keyboard or remote) is pressed (it does not have to be an Info command: just hitting space will cause the mouse to auto-hide a few seconds later)
  • Mouse movement will un-hide the mouse, but it will not re-hide until after a key is pressed (I think this is a bug, but have not reported it).
If the OSD is not auto-hiding either, perhaps Windows thinks you have a key stuck down, meaning that Sage thinks something is happening, so will not trigger an inactivity timeout (which both hides mouse and OSD)

It could also be that the properties file has autohide_osd set to false... (but you would have had to manually change this)

(and setup -> general -> hide mouse icon means hide the clickable mouse buttons in various places -- it will not hide the mouse cursor)
Old 05-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

May find some useful information in this thread. I have used the mouse & taskbar hider and it seemed to work pretty well. I just made it so my remote could hide/unhide the mouse.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=hide
Old 05-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Sage Expert

Barring running an external program, I've done everything short of wiping the machine entirely and reinstalling. I DID already have to uninstall java and sage and reinstall those due to SOMETHING wigging out when I installed cayars. Pretty sure it was the JRE's fault... But anyway... This is most definitely... 100%... a bug in sage. Too many people are using workarounds and external programs for it not to be.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:42 AM
SageTVaholic

... so has anyone here reported it to Support?
Old 05-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage Expert

ummm... of course someone has... I mean... uhhhh... surely... DAMMIT!

Ok ok... Doing so right now.

Btw... I'm getting some other odd behaviour out of it now in the same vein... When the mouse wouldn't go away neither would the OSD and I would have to hit the OSD toggle button on the remote to get it to leave. NOW, the mouse just decided that it should probably go away, but the OSD is still staying put RANDOMLY. Sometimes it will go away after about 20-30 seconds and other times it won't go away period. Very bad on the tv when you fall asleep and wake up six hours later with the osd still hanging about... Rear projection big screens are very succeptable to burn in.

Anyway... I am off to report to support. ZOOM!

Kanati
Old 05-25-2005, 06:44 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati
ummm... of course someone has... I mean... uhhhh... surely... DAMMIT!

Ok ok... Doing so right now.

Btw... I'm getting some other odd behaviour out of it now in the same vein... When the mouse wouldn't go away neither would the OSD and I would have to hit the OSD toggle button on the remote to get it to leave. NOW, the mouse just decided that it should probably go away, but the OSD is still staying put RANDOMLY. Sometimes it will go away after about 20-30 seconds and other times it won't go away period. Very bad on the tv when you fall asleep and wake up six hours later with the osd still hanging about... Rear projection big screens are very succeptable to burn in.

Anyway... I am off to report to support. ZOOM!

Kanati
I am using 2.2.8 now and I can't remember a time when the mouse wouldn't disappear after about 30 seconds. In fact I had to use the KB (rare) last night and the mouse was dead center of the screen and dissappeared.
Is it a bug in Sage or is it user setup or is it both?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

The emails I recieved from support suggest it's a bug and "It will be fixed"