SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Changing channels

While watching Live TV, the only way I can get SageTV to change channels is to either use the Channel Up/Down buttons in the upper left or go back to the guide and select a new channel. If I try to enter a channel number, the current channel "info" displays and nothing else happens. I've tried entering a channel and hitting select, no change in behavior. SageTV 2.2.8, Hauppauge 150mce, coax to DirecTV receiver, serial cable from htpc to DirecTV receiver.

Thanks

Some additional info... I noticed if I hold down a number key in an attempt to enter a new channel, the current channel number flashes to the repeated number then back to the current channel number very very quickly. It seems SageTV is getting the number key press then overwriting it with the current channel number.

Last edited by cipher; 05-20-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

What receiver are you using? I have had this problem with my Sony receiver. I just got a Mitsu receiver and some quick testing has produced much much better results. I'm at the point where I don't think sage is the problem, I think it's the sony receiver. Same thing, I can channel up or down w/o a problem, but occasionally when i change by number or in the guide it doesn't work. If i can't get it working right soon i'm just going to switch to IR control.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage User

RCA receiver. I don't think it has anything to do with the receiver because SageTV won't send a channel change to the receiver until it knows the entire channel number (indicated by hitting Select/Enter). I can't get it to take the individual digits of the channel, they get overwritten by the current channel milliseconds after entering them.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

ahh ok, may be slightly different then. If I only tune to a 2 digit channel it'll work, if i got to a 3 digit channel(most of them) then it's hit or miss.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you have more than one command mapped to the number keys?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Nope. I'm testing it with a keyboard and the only command mapped to the number keys are the Num 0, Num 1...
Old 05-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Sage User

After much trial & error, it seems to be a problem with the DirecTVSerial control. If I switch to using USB-UIRT the keyboard channel changing and guide navigation work as expected. I guess I'll try ExeTuner next...