SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

SkyEye Controller for Sky Digibox

Anyone seen this:
http://www.skyeye.force9.co.uk/skyeyepc.htm

Any experience with intergating it and Sage? I prefer it to an IR blaster really... cleaner. Be nice if it were USB, but hey ho.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Sage Icon

Looks interesting. Don't know how SageTV could drive it though, Girder possibly?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:43 AM
SageTVaholic

There is a plugin which enables Sage to run an EXE when it needs to tune a channel on an external decoder (ExeTunerPlugin).
You can either write your own EXE to send the serial commands, or call the Girder Event.exe with the channel requested to tune, and Girder can itself send commands down the serial cable.

(see the Tuner Plugin DLLs section of the Sage Config page).

Som theoretically, yes, but the actual setup may be complex!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

About half way down on this page:
http://www.skyeye.force9.co.uk/software.htm

there's a program called Parameter which can apparently be called with a simple string to pass commands to the digibox; I imagine girder could do that? Or a Java pugin for SageTV?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thansk nielm - soulds like ExeTunerPlugin would do it fine with the Parameter program.

Pity there isn't a USB equivalent of SkyEye, but it'll do; and it's easy enough to get a serial/usb converter.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
Thansk nielm - soulds like ExeTunerPlugin would do it fine with the Parameter program.

Pity there isn't a USB equivalent of SkyEye, but it'll do; and it's easy enough to get a serial/usb converter.
There is, and I've just ordered it :-)

http://www.heenan.me.uk/control-sky-from-pc/

Will post back and let you know how well it works. I've ordered the dual controller version, but now realise that ExeTunerPlugin itself doesnt appear to support more than one device (which isn't a problem for me at the moment). Are there any specs for writing your own external tuner plugins?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
There is, and I've just ordered it :-)

http://www.heenan.me.uk/control-sky-from-pc/

Will post back and let you know how well it works. I've ordered the dual controller version, but now realise that ExeTunerPlugin itself doesnt appear to support more than one device (which isn't a problem for me at the moment). Are there any specs for writing your own external tuner plugins?
There is a multi tuner one floating around somewhere - it passes in your source name as well as the channel number to the exe entry. Have a look in the EPG forum.