SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Sage User

Recordings Start Late

Is there a way to adjust the Time in Sage Recorder? My local antenna channels always have the first 5 minutes chopped off of them because the recorder doesn't seem to kick in at the right time...I have it synched to my system clock, and the system clock is synched to internet time...The TV seems to be recieving the feed at the right time and live TV as well...The Channel Schedule guide will say a show starts at 1:00 P.M. But won't actually start recording that show until the time says 1:05 on the program??? any tips??
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Check the file itself. Does it end with a -0 or a -1?

Jere
Old 06-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Sage User

Well I don't know, I'll have to check it when I get home....You mean the .mpg file that is created ends in a 1 or a 0?? what do they mean?
Old 06-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sage names the MPEGs with the showname then the episode name then the airing number then the segment number.

Most files should end in -0. If there was an error starting the recording, then Sage can close that file and starts recording again, this time with a -1 ending.

If that is the case, look for a fast mux switch setting in your sage.properties file and change it to false.

Jere
Old 06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Well not only is it recording late, but the TV Guide screen seems to be a little behind as well. When I click on a show that is already in progress by the Guide and the Regular TV it only gives me the option to Record it instead of Watch Now...even if the guide itself show the start time of the show to be 1:00 and the time in the Sage program is already 1:05.... By the time I get the option to watch a show that *should* have started at 1:00 p.m. I've already missed the first 5 minutes or so.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Sage User

Ok I checked the files and they were indeed -0 which would indicate no errors...What I tried was removing the channels from the channel list...then hitting done with setup and going back in a readding them and hitting done again....apparantly this redownloads the channel guide data, and that seems to have fixed the problem...I don't run the computer all day so maybe the programming schedule gets out of sync...is there a way to adjust it so that it always updates when I start Sage.TV or change the interval??