SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
That's what I did. Found a really easy one and stuck with it. Mine is very basic and uses mostly animations from accuweather that were simple to add.

In fact Snoop dog if you live in the NE mine is pretty close to working for you. Change your zip code and find a good local city wide type radar and you're there.

peace . . .
Yea ... I had a lot of fun fooling with this back then .... rearranged things to my liking and even added a local traffic map so I could instantly know what my morning commute was going to be like ...
Old 07-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Now that is a really cool idea. The most useful thing I came up with was a 24hr snow map, heh.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Yea ... I had a lot of fun fooling with this back then .... rearranged things to my liking and even added a local traffic map so I could instantly know what my morning commute was going to be like ...
Old 07-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
I wish we had sticky threads for us to post mods we can share ... like one for XML menu files, another for property files, and another for XML Weatherconfig files, etc. Posting screen shots to shop through them if we want ... just a thought
Head over to the sage community wiki . Anyone can add to it.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
Head over to the sage community wiki . Anyone can add to it.
Thanks Tom ... Not a bad idea ... I'll check it out ...

Only thing is I am not sure is if it gets the visibility that a sticky here might ...??

I was actually thinking of something more like this ... A thread could be set up for properties files, one for Weatherconfig files and another for menu files, etc. then the sticky easily links you to each ... This might be especially helpful with everyone trying new things in v.3 ...

Similar to ...
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7953

But ... maybe wiki will work too.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Guys

When customizing the menus, is it possible to control where a sage internal screen returns to?

For example 'Back' from the Video Library screen returns to the inbuilt Media Library & DVD Menu rather then the custom menu that it was called from.

Steve
Old 07-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcurtis
Hi Guys

When customizing the menus, is it possible to control where a sage internal screen returns to?

For example 'Back' from the Video Library screen returns to the inbuilt Media Library & DVD Menu rather then the custom menu that it was called from.

Steve
That's exactly what I did ... with Nielm's Dynamic Menus you can edit the XML file to point back to any internal screen you like ... See this post for and example of my menu XML file ...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...2&postcount=47
Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi mightyt

Thanks for the post, but from what I see it does not solve the problem. I tried changing the internal menu from 'Video Library Folder View' to 'Video Library' to match yours, but continue to get the same problem.

When selecting 'Back' from the video library I am always returned to the inbuilt Media Library & DVD menu.

I could not see any way to get the internal screen to point back to the menu of my choice.

I read a post by nielm in another thread which states that this is a restriction with an imported module.

If I've missed something or if anyone has a suggestion as to how I might achieve what I require I sure would appreciate the input.

Cheers

Steve
Old 07-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think in this case the problem is that the Video Library is a custom screen that can't be edited and the 'back' command available is a hard coded link to the Media Library & DVD menu which is ANOTHER custom screen you can't edit (my plan was to at least put a 'back to main' on the TOP of that screen).

peace . . .

Quote:
That's exactly what I did ... with Nielm's Dynamic Menus you can edit the XML file to point back to any internal screen you like ... See this post for and example of my menu XML file ...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...2&postcount=47
Old 07-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think in this case the problem is that the Video Library is a custom screen that can't be edited and the 'back' command available is a hard coded link to the Media Library & DVD menu which is ANOTHER custom screen you can't edit (my plan was to at least put a 'back to main' on the TOP of that screen).
My comment doesn't really have to do with the dynamic menu system, but are you sure you are using the Back command instead of the Left arrow command? Back should go to the previous menu in normal usage (not referring to the import), while Left will often go to the hard-coded parent menu. The left arrow next to the SageTV logo issues the Left command in most cases, btw.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

I can confirm that in my case with the Imported Video it is Back and not Left that goes to the system menu rather than the previous custom menu.

Has anyone written a custom Imported Video playback module that I could use instead?

Steve
Old 07-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's something I didn't know so thanks for sharing.

However from the internal Video Library screen both 'back' from the meu and 'left' on the remote take you 'back' to the 'Media Library & DVD' internal screen (which you have not actually visited before).

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
My comment doesn't really have to do with the dynamic menu system, but are you sure you are using the Back command instead of the Left arrow command? Back should go to the previous menu in normal usage (not referring to the import), while Left will often go to the hard-coded parent menu. The left arrow next to the SageTV logo issues the Left command in most cases, btw.

- Andy
Old 07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think someone asked this a while ago for your stv, but are there any plans to create an importer for the OSD mini-guide?

Great work BTW. I wouldn't have upgraded to v3 without knowing your importers were available.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

I won't be using any of the 'All-in-one' STV's anymore. The only additions I will make to the default are single-purpose imports like these where I can choose the plugins I want without being forced to also install the ones I don't. If only Sage would create a Plugin folder where ALL files related to the import go so that they can also be easily uninstalled. Maybe V4 next year?

Thank you, Nielm for these. I hope you (and the other Studio-haves) continue to create more of these imports as V3 is released. IMHO, this is the only way to go.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Sage Expert

I agree on probably not going back to any of the all-in-one packages... Cayars is nice and full-featured, I just feel that the options here give me more control over what I use (and can help improve the WAF as well).

The only thing missing from these imports for me so far is the menu that pops up when you end a program in Cayars. I believe its options are:

Cancel
Delete, Watched, Like
Delete, Watched, Not Like
Delete, Not Watched, Like
Delete, Not Watched, Not Like

You make your selection, and get returned to the SageTV Recordings screen with the show in the list still selected. So, if you watched item 3 in the list, and selected Cancel, it would go back to item 3 (which would be the show you just watched). If you deleted the show, it would still go back to number 3, which for me, since I use "oldest first" sorting, means the next show in my list would now be highlighted for me to watch. I believe that Stop also takes you back to the SageTV Recordings screen, but I don't remember for sure...

So, basically, that menu, and return me to my SageTV Recordings screen after I delete or don't delete a show when its done.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
However from the internal Video Library screen both 'back' from the meu and 'left' on the remote take you 'back' to the 'Media Library & DVD' internal screen (which you have not actually visited before).
Thanks for pointing that out -- I forgot about the "Back" button on the left hand side of that menu. For some reason, it was acting as 'Left", but since it says "Back", I think it should probably act like the Back command to prevent confusion. I'm fairly sure that will get changed for one of the next versions...

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

Changing the functionality of the 'Back' menu item solves all but one of my concerns. Is it possible to customise/remove the 'Delete' facility from the Imported Video menu? It would be great if access to this could be restricted.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited by srcurtis; 07-31-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

change this option in your properties file to true:

video_lib_hide_delete=false
Old 07-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcurtis
Is it possible to customise/remove the 'Delete' facility from the Imported Video menu? It would be great if access to this could be restricted.
While on the Video Library menu, use the Options command or button & choose whether to allow files to be deleted. Of course, what is easily turned off can be easily turned back on, but it does make deleting a _little_ more difficult.

Hmmm... maybe I should start a thread soon that lists some of the UI changes, with a new feature or two listed every day.

- Andy
Old 07-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having problems playing back imported video that I've ripped from DVD with the V3 beta. Sage shows a file size of 0.00 on the VIDEO_TS Folder and I get a 0 minutes time. When I select Watch Now the system basically hangs and I have to reboot.

I've tried mapping a drive to the same library from another Sage 2.2 box and although it still shows 0 minutes (which I guess is by design) the movies play back perfectly.

Steve

Last edited by srcurtis; 07-31-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Thanks for pointing that out -- I forgot about the "Back" button on the left hand side of that menu. For some reason, it was acting as 'Left", but since it says "Back", I think it should probably act like the Back command to prevent confusion. I'm fairly sure that will get changed for one of the next versions...

- Andy
Weird, but it works for me?? ... Unless I am missing something ... I took some screen shots as I navigated to and from Video Library ... Used all three methods;

1 - Back Arrows
2 - Internal screen Back Commands
3 - Custom Menu Items to initiate Back by using "Left" command.

See attachment ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Using Back in Menus.pdf (419.4 KB, 229 views)