SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Sage Expert

Question No channel icons with 3.0.5??

This should be a no-brainer, even for me. I just uninstalled SAGE TV 2.2.8, (after coping the entire directory of course ) deleted the remaining path for SAGE on my HD (wish I could remove it from the registry as well.... ) then updated Windows (MIcrosoft .NET Framework 1.1 and ATI Catylyst 5.7) Did the obligatory restarts etc.....

I then Loaded SAGETV 3.0.5? Set it all up, followed the directions and all is well. I reentered all my favorites, and left all encoders/decoders on the DEFAULT SETTINGS.

Just as before, I took the working ICONS from my backed up files, placed them in the folder labeled "CHANNELICONS". I even opened the Properties file to see that the folder path was there, and it was. The jpeg fles are named after the channel listing as well.

Has to be something small causing this or is tis feature not available yet?

I did a search, found a few threads on how to fix it, but they don't help. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

So your problem is that you have the files there, named correctly, yet they don't show up in the guide? Have you restarted Sage since you placed the files there?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake
So your problem is that you have the files there, named correctly, yet they don't show up in the guide? Have you restarted Sage since you placed the files there?

Files there and all acounted for! I have restarted sage over 10 times since last night. They do not show up in the guide or any place else they normally would (onscreen channel information for example)

It's really odd.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

I just checked my installation and my folder is named "ChannelLogos". You stated that yours is called "CHANNELICONS". I know this shouldn't matter if the Sage.properties says to use "CHANNELICONS", but maybe it is worth a shot to use "ChannelLogos" and make the Sage.properties chnage to use: epg/logo_dir=C\:\\Program Files\\Frey Technologies\\SageTV\\ChannelLogos (provided that is your installation point).

Maybe you found a bug?
Old 07-31-2005, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

By default the directory needs to be named ChannelLogos. Maybe you can change both but it doesn't appear to work for you. Also if you're using the Sage TV Service stop and start the service.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

If that doesn't fix it, then try going to the channel guide and right clicking on it. You should see an option to select whether or not to display channel logos.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage Expert

ODD turn of events....

I read these post, went to mow the yard, mowed my parents yard took the kids to dinner and got home 4-5 hours later, turned on the sage box to see if my other issue (Windows .NET framework login crap) was truely fixed and low and behold, the channel logos FIXED themselves without even doing a single thing.

Seems odd that it took so long, but it appears to be working.

Glitch?

Bug?