SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Sage Expert

Windows .NET Framework 1.1

OK, its needed for ATI Catlyst 5.7.
Now when my PC boots, I have to select my "icon" from a new start up screen.

I have never had passwords or this screen before, and it defeats the fact I have my system set up to reboot and restart after a powerloss so SAGETV stays running as often as possible. Now with a power failure, my pc will hang on ths screen until someone selects the icon.

How do I get rid of it? Searches here say little, and I don't thnk nits a password issue cause I don't type anything, I just want to get rd of the nag screen.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm
Old 07-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
OK, its needed for ATI Catlyst 5.7.
Now when my PC boots, I have to select my "icon" from a new start up screen.

I have never had passwords or this screen before, and it defeats the fact I have my system set up to reboot and restart after a powerloss so SAGETV stays running as often as possible. Now with a power failure, my pc will hang on ths screen until someone selects the icon.

How do I get rid of it? Searches here say little, and I don't thnk nits a password issue cause I don't type anything, I just want to get rd of the nag screen.

Thanks.

Yea ... Just as an FYI ... that's because Framework creates an ASPNET user account. Once Windows sees two accounts you get the login screen to choose? Don't know why MS doesn't leave you configure without the login screen since no one really logs in as ASPNET????

ToxMox gave you all the right answers to fixing it ...
Old 07-31-2005, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Go into Administrator Tools- Computer Management-Local Users and Groups-Users and find the ASPNet account and just disable it. Since .NET first came out I have done this and not seen any ill effects.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Expert

I tried all the suggestions and found one that worked. I wound up opening the CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and I DELETED the net account on the list and I boot up just like before. Unchecking the password required box just gave me an error on boot up, then the same login screen.

THANK YOU all for the help. I'm sure the other suggestions would work on other PC/windows configurations, so I'll book mark them for the next PC I upgrade.

Raymond

Last edited by broderp; 07-31-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

broderp,
Do you use that box for DVD playback as well? I had to go back to pretty old drivers because DVD playback was no more.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius
broderp,
Do you use that box for DVD playback as well? I had to go back to pretty old drivers because DVD playback was no more.

Yes I do. I have had no issues with DVD what-so-ever. (knock on wood)