SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Warning: Update your APC UPS monitoring software

If anyone else around here uses an APC UPS and uses their UPS monitoring software (PowerChute Business Edition) and hasn't yet updated it to the most recent version (v7.0.4 currently), you should download it and install it soon. As in: today. Or, at least before you reboot your machine again. If you don't do anything else, at least uninstall the old version. The old software expired in some way around July 27 and really screws up your system when you reboot. These 2 services will not finish starting and cause major problems:

APC PBE Agent
APC PBE Server

If, like me, you use this on your HTPC and don't reboot very often, you won't notice the problem until the next time you reboot.

Luckily, I didn't reboot my HTPC, but my main work system got bit. You can't disable services while those services are having problems and for some reason I wasn't able to even disable them in Safe Mode at first. (?!?) I talked to MS over the last couple days... after finally narrowing it down to those services last night, they confirmed today that someone in support had entered this into their database within the last few days.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm running two APC UPS's. Just checked, no problems with Power Chute Personal Edition v1.3.