SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Sage Expert

Unhappy JAVA problem with 3.0?

I've been running a smooth box with 3.0 for what seems like weeks now.

Tonight, I get a hickup during the end of a video playback and I see a screen I haven't in the past....one asking if I want to keep the recording or delete or keep until space is needed. I had seen this screen in cayars STV, but since this was a new install and I hav not had cayars stv on this system I had never seen it until tonight.

My system timed out, and my screen saver cam on. I could not reduplicate the popup window. I don't know if its related or not,(the "new" pop up screen") but I write it so you know exactly what happened, in case it helps to solve this problem.

anyways, I get a JAVA upgrade alert, so I casually download an install the 5.0 upgrade. I rebooted and the next thing I know, I have recording conflicts. ONE of my Hauppauge cards is no longer being seen by SAGE TV. All I did was upgrade JAVA!

Of course I paniced, windows finds then just fine, no issues. I even went to the hauppauge website and installed the lated drivers (I haven't since v2 of sage...why fix it if it aint broken?) and nothing.

No matter what I do, I can not seen to find one of my cards in sage TV. I even uninstalled the updates of JAVA, but I'm still screwed. I don't thing the card is DEAD, or windows would not see it. No smoke either!

I have a PVR-150 and a PVR-250. I have under game and video controllers a (26xx) and an (ENC16) listed. I dont know which is which, or which one SAGE sees, can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Last edited by broderp; 08-08-2005 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Tonight, I get a hickup during the end of a video playback and I see a screen I haven't in the past....one asking if I want to keep the recording or delete or keep until space is needed. I had seen this screen in cayars STV, but since this was a new install and I hav not had cayars stv on this system I had never seen it until tonight.
This is completely normal, it appears the show you were watching was a manual recording. It doesn't pop up for favorites that are set to autodelete. If autodelet isn't set for the favorite you get the option to delete now or do not delete the recording when it reaches the end.

For manually recorded show you get an additional option to delete when space is needed.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:36 AM
SageTVaholic

for the dead card, check the mmc/ignore_encoders= line of the sage.properties file while sage is shut down, and delete it... Sometimes sage cannot talk to one of the cards on startup and it marks it as dead...
Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 AM
Sage Icon

See the top of page 197 of the 3.0 manual for help with the missing card.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Sage Expert

thank you, I will look into it.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Sage Expert

This did not work. I deleted the info for my card that I found, but when I re-start sage or reboot the PC and restart sage, I only have the one card. I recheck the file and indeed, the card is back on the ignore list.
I thought maybe I have to reset it, but its not even listed under the sage setup info...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you quit Sage (not sleep) and/or stop the Sage service before fixing the "ignore" line.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Sage Expert

I don't think I use the sage service, never set it up I think (never understood the perpose of it actually, if I want a program to work and do what it does, then I want to see it running or at the least minimized. But I can see how some would want to separatate the UI from the workings, just not me.) but I'm sure sage is shut down, I close it with the "x" in the top right corner after windowing it.

Does the card have to be listed elsewhere in the properties file? Maybe it got corrupt. Maybe I screwed up by trying to update the drivers. This problem is so textbook, from the manual as I was pointed out, but the fix doesn't appear to apply.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks Gerry, that did it. Seems like I do run the service. I pressed CTL+ALT+DEL and the task manager showed NO apps running, but I checked in the PROCESSES tab and saw a SAGE entry that I promptly shut down.

Redid my editing on the properties file, and all was well.

Thank you guys again!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
I close it with the "x" in the top right corner after windowing it.
Doing this generally puts Sage to sleep. You can still see the icon in the system tray. Just right click on it and select exit. Done.

Killing the process can have bad consequences since Sage doesn't have the opportunity to clean up after itself.

Jere