SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

View Poll Results: Which DViCO FusionHDTV ATSC card(s) do you plan on using with SageTV 3?
FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus 9 39.13%
FusionHDTV5 Lite 9 39.13%
FusionHDTV3 Gold-T 5 21.74%
other FusionHDTV ATSC card 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
OK.... here's a question.....

Who has an ATSC tuner card (don't really care which one) that might be willing to post a 30-second clip or so of the transport stream file?

I'd love to see if the darn file will playback at all before buying a card and finding out the PC doesn't have enough horsepower.

Don't want to run afoul of the law..... maybe a commercial .... but then that wouldn't be in HD would it?

Just an idea.... I'd love to see just a few seconds or so.

Stacy
I can give you one, but not one that is recorded by SageTV (since I only have QAM signal available). Let me know if you want that... it would from the Fusion app (I also have a MyHD that can record but I don't have it installed right now).
Old 08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
I can give you one, but not one that is recorded by SageTV (since I only have QAM signal available). Let me know if you want that... it would from the Fusion app (I also have a MyHD that can record but I don't have it installed right now).
Can Sage play the file back? If so, I guess it would be a good benchmark to see if my Sage system can handle the bitrate.

Stacy
Old 08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know... I haven't been worried about whether or not Sage could play it, since Sage can't record it. I will try to determine this and get back to you, but it probably won't happen tonight.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Expert

Well, it looks like the poll is over. 3.0.7 (what happened to 3.0.6 ?) is now released as of 5:30 PM PST and the change log says the Fusion Gold Plus and Gold-T are supported but the Lite is a no show.

DFA
Old 08-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
Well, it looks like the poll is over. 3.0.7 (what happened to 3.0.6 ?) is now released as of 5:30 PM PST and the change log says the Fusion Gold Plus and Gold-T are supported but the Lite is a no show.
Don't despair. The development team is still expanding our list of supported ATSC cards.

Michael Seery
SageTV Quality Assurance
Old 08-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
So, does anyone have a little HDTV clip they can post?
Go to the Dvico site, they have a short clip.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fusion Gold v Lite

So it seems there must be a relative difference in the hardware.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Sage Expert

mseery:

Very good words.

Seemed like a pretty short time to run a poll, make a decision and develope for a couple of cards within a day and a half. Yikes!

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-13-2005 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

YIKES!

So, the demo files have a .tp extension. Nothing would play .tp (especially Sage).

So, thinking that "heck, they're all MPG" I renamed it .mpg.

What a BAD thing to do. When I tried to play it in Sage, it completely locked up everything to the point that CTL+ALT+DEL would not work.

Then, after re-booting, I tried it again in Media Player. Same exact problem.

Does this take special software? Is there a driver that makes Sage play these files?

Sorry to sound so anal about this, but as I mentioned before, I have so many items that are paperweights now but had the best of intentions. Since the Fusion Card is not something that can be bought (and returned) to Circut City, I am skeptical of purchasing it until I can see what it does.

Thanks!

Last edited by srothwell; 08-13-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Sage User

srothwell, you have to download the Fusion Trial software to play the .tp file. Also the WMV HD website has a performance checker to see if your system can handle HDTV streams.
-Jim
Old 08-13-2005, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

srothwell, you have to add .tp to the extention list in Sage to get them to play.

-edit

to make them show up that is. What decoders are you using?
Old 08-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
srothwell, you have to add .tp to the extention list in Sage to get them to play.

-edit

to make them show up that is. What decoders are you using?
The "normal" gang of characters.... Intervideo Non-CC, Intervideo (the one that comes with WinDVD6), Sage MPEG.

Do I need another one?

Stacy
Old 08-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjamez
srothwell, you have to download the Fusion Trial software to play the .tp file. Also the WMV HD website has a performance checker to see if your system can handle HDTV streams.
-Jim
My system can play WMV-HD files all day long. I still think there's something rotten in Denmark here. I will download their software to try it out.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjamez
-Jim
I downloaded the Fusion software and the file plays back fine. However it will not play back under Sage. Locks the PC up.

I've got to be doing something wrong. I cannot imagine that I have to record with Sage but view the file with external software????
Old 08-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I downloaded the demo. It plays on Windows Media and PowerDVD. In Sage it plays ok as long as you don't use the transport controls. Then it gets munged up pretty good.

peace . . .

Quote:
I downloaded the Fusion software and the file plays back fine. However it will not play back under Sage. Locks the PC up.

I've got to be doing something wrong. I cannot imagine that I have to record with Sage but view the file with external software????
Old 08-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
I downloaded the demo. It plays on Windows Media and PowerDVD. In Sage it plays ok as long as you don't use the transport controls. Then it gets munged up pretty good.

peace . . .
OK this is very strange! On my main media server (running Sage 3.0.7) I also installed the divco demo.

Slightly different story than before on my test PC..... this time, it also plays just fine in Divco's software, but when you try to play it through Sage you get a black screen and the audio sounds all digitized and scrambled.

What decoder is supposed to be used? I have mine set to Intervideo.

I have GOT to be doing something wrong here. Everyone else seems to able to play this back but me..... and mine tanks on two completely different PCs.

Thanks for any help!

Stacy
Old 08-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm just now starting to play with HD via Sage myself. I am using Nvidia Purevideo decoder. One thing I noticed was that it has to be using VMR9, overlay just chokes.

I just tried Intervideo, it almost works. Plays but has some slight skipping.

I wouldn't say it plays back fine for me. It only plays correctly if I don't use any transport even with Nvidia.

peace . . .

Quote:
OK this is very strange! On my main media server (running Sage 3.0.7) I also installed the divco demo.

Slightly different story than before on my test PC..... this time, it also plays just fine in Divco's software, but when you try to play it through Sage you get a black screen and the audio sounds all digitized and scrambled.

What decoder is supposed to be used? I have mine set to Intervideo.

I have GOT to be doing something wrong here. Everyone else seems to able to play this back but me..... and mine tanks on two completely different PCs.

Thanks for any help!

Stacy

Last edited by Hector; 08-13-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Dual Fusion 5 Lite cards with SageTV 3.0.7 :-)

I am currently taking full advantage of two Fusion 5 Lite cards in one PC with SageTV 3.0.7. I know if it works successfully with two cards, it will most definately work with 1 card.

The only problem I had was when adding the second tuner, it locked up and blue screened me complaining about the "zulu..." driver. After I rebooted, I had no problems at all adding the second tuner and taking full advantage of 2 Fusion 5 Lite cards.

I am guessing the developers haven't actually tested it with the Fusion 5 Lite cards, but most likely it makes absolutely no difference whether it's a Gold or Lite as far as SageTV is concerned. They probably just need to test it with 2 Fusion cards, or even better, with 2 Fusion 5 Lite cards.

[QUOTE=

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA

Don't despair. The development team is still expanding our list of supported ATSC cards.

Michael Seery
SageTV Quality Assurance
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I am currently taking full advantage of two Fusion 5 Lite cards in one PC with SageTV 3.0.7. I know if it works successfully with two cards, it will most definately work with 1 card.

The only problem I had was when adding the second tuner, it locked up and blue screened me complaining about the "zulu..." driver. After I rebooted, I had no problems at all adding the second tuner and taking full advantage of 2 Fusion 5 Lite cards.

I am guessing the developers haven't actually tested it with the Fusion 5 Lite cards, but most likely it makes absolutely no difference whether it's a Gold or Lite as far as SageTV is concerned. They probably just need to test it with 2 Fusion cards, or even better, with 2 Fusion 5 Lite cards.
So, please help..... I don't actually have the fusion card yet but I am trying to simply get the .tp file to play back via Sage. So far on two different PCs, I cannot get the .tp file to play trough Sage. It will play just fine on both PCs with DVICo's demo software player but not Sage.

What decoder do you have Sage programmed to use? Any other tricks? I'm at my wits end here. I don't want to buy a $150 card I can't return if I'm not sure it will work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

srothwell, I can confirm that the .ts files created by SageTV 3.0.7 (using Fusion 5 Lite) are different than standard ATSC .ts files created by products like HiPix and MyHD. These will ONLY play in SageTV.

I am able to play HiPix .ts file both inside SageTV and externally in Windows Media Player (using latest Nvidia decoder). I am almost certain MyHD .tp files will produce identical results.

Check out this post on AVS Forum which also confirms what I found out. I also posted there...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...49#post6029149