SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

pvr-150 IR blaster STB help needed

Hi all

I have purchased a pvr-150 for my brother and I am trying to help him setup SageTV with it over the phone. Using the included IR Blaster, he has setup everything fine. He can get the onboard tv tuner to work but wants to use his STB. The problem is that when he goes through the setup wizard it never gives him an option to select cable box receiver. What could be wrong?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator

The 150's blaster has to be configured using the Hauppauge software (I don't have a 150; just reporting what I've been told).

Then, in step 3 (tuning option) of source setup SageTV, you have to say that you are using an external receiver. That should allow selecting a Tuning Plugin in step 5... where the Hauppauge IR blaster should be listed. (See Source Setup or Setup Wizard in chapter 5 of the manual.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.