SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Accessing Nvidia Control Applet/Aspect Ratio Control

I have been trying to use the Nvidia filters that came with TheaterTek2 with SageTV 2.x. Picture looks great, but the "Fill" aspect ratio setting doesn't work with Nvidia filters. (I get a 4x3 image on my 16x9 TV and I want to stretch the image to fill the screen). I have read that there is a setting in the Nvidia control applet to change this, and that there is supposed to an icon in the system tray to access the applet when the filters are being used, but I never see the icon. Anyone know how to access the applet or correct this problem another way? Any help is appreciated. I've posted on the TT forum, but no one has offered a response.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

If the nVidia decoders are the only ones installed, set the decoder to "Default" in Sage, and you should be able to access the decoder properties via the control pannel Icon. Otherwise you should be able to set it (nVidia AR setting) to "Anamorphic/Raw" in TT and it should apply to Sage also.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I haven't been able to find an nVidia icon in the control panel and I don't see anywhere to mark anamorphic/raw in TT's settings. I know I'm missing something simple. Thanks for the input, though.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage Expert

The only way I've been able to get the icon is to play media in Windows Media Player. Then I can configure it. I don't have experience with Theatertek, but I am considering checking it out...
Old 08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have seen the icon displayed when using 3.0.7, however it does not allow any parameters to be modified.

The only way so far that I have gotten the icon to display and be usable is by also playing something in Windows Media Player.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

I starting to feel real dumb...

How do I verify that the nVidia decoders are being used in Windows Media? If they are not, where do I select them.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Sage User

TT2 adds a registry key that hides the nvidia icon in the system tray. You can go into regedit to correct this; however, each time TT2 starts, it will change it back again.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dongta, thanks for the info. Do you know what the key is?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage User

When changing aspect in the nv decoder settings to animorphic raw and go into sage it is fixed and woking well but as soon as I play something in theatertek it is reset. How can I keep that setting from reseting?

Last edited by xxilikedirtxx; 11-02-2005 at 07:36 PM.