SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Sage User

Jumping in Guide mode

I have a request, in Guide mode I would like to jump from one area to another.

As an idea, could you allow digit entry so entering a three digit number would jump to that guide area. Page up and down is a lot of key for directv channel line up.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:31 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

We already offer the following jump arounds:

Hitting "Play" while in the SageGuide will jump between Sage Recordings, the Recording Schedule and Live TV

Hitting a "Number" then "FF/REW" will jump ahead/back that many days in the Guide

The Studio version should be able to accomodate your other request after we release it.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Thanks Dan,

Day jumping is cool (i'll give it a try) but my problem is in the vertical plane let's say getting from chan 7 to 500 or 600 without a lot of PageUP/DN (this comes up when "live TV" watching). With all the music channels sports etc on DirecTV it a long list to page through and I normally would look through the broatcast area then jump into the main cable stuff in the 2-300 range.

Pete
Old 07-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I like the idea to be able to in the guide type in say 66 and hit ok and have it jump to channel 66 or 31 without having to scroll to the channel or do page jumps in the guide.

Im also still waiting for the day when multi speed fast forward will make it into Sagetv as well but i can wait.
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW