SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Sage User

HTPC with Cable Card - Possible? Also some other basic hardware questions?

Hey guys, for those that know me, I used to have a HTPC setup. Its been around a year or so since I've visited the site and now I'm completely out of the game. I've read through quite a bit here.

My old setup has now since moved into my car for a great carputer. For those interested, you can view that here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/820265

Opus 150 wired to ignition and Xenarc 7" TS.

Anyways, my question is now I have a new Sony HDTV and through Comcast, I have a cable card. My question is how can I hookup the computer to the t.v. this way? TV Out from the TV to the computer and then back into an input? How would I control the remote? My whole point of this project would be to have the best possible quality because watching HDTV on this screen is a beautiful thing.

Unfortunatley I have an old PVR-250 sitting around from my old system but it seems like some new cards have come out. (350 was out but now im seeing the 500?). I just want the best possible picture quality in HDTV and wondering how my config would be?? Any help is appreciated!!
Old 09-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Sage Expert

Cablecard? Not bloody likely. Without blood that is. IOW, don't hold your breath. Many of us would like it though.

The 500 is 2xPVR150s in a single card. The 150 is similar in PQ to the 250. Some say better.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Sage User

Yeah unfrotunately the cablecard you dont pay a fee for Comcast so I save $$$ there but it limits me as far as PVR's are concerned!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

From my understanding you're going to need a STB with firewire if you plan to capture HDTV from cable.