SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage User

3.0.7 + A180 + Win2k = No Love?

The executive summary would be that the A180 is recognized fine and a .ts file is created but it never collects any bytes and realtime viewing looks blank. I get no errors and the status screen shows recording on the A180.

I've been able to record shows using the release version of sage (2.2.8?) and HDNE. I was never able to watch HD in 2.2.8 but I could perform a timed record. The file plays back just fine in WMP.

So, I believe the A180, the A180 drivers and my antenna are working fine.

I tried using the WatchHDTV program over from avsforums. It keeps complaining about not being able to run VMR7. I don't think VMR7 is compatible with win2k but I'm not sure. Is it possible that Sage 3.0.7 is also leaning on VMR7???

I haven't tried GraphEdit yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
Old 09-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorick
I tried using the WatchHDTV program over from avsforums. It keeps complaining about not being able to run VMR7. I don't think VMR7 is compatible with win2k but I'm not sure. Is it possible that Sage 3.0.7 is also leaning on VMR7???
Have you tried overlay mode? And I believe that you need to have FSE disabled with Win2k. I'm using XP, but 3.0.7 and my A180 are working.

-JK
Old 09-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Sage User

Angry

Thanks. I tried mucking with the fixed dimension stuff and the rendering but no job.

I built a FilterGraph of the A180 BDA setup and it had the same result Sage; thinks it's working but no bits and all black.

I downloaded a tuner tool from AverMedia and tried that. Claims it's for XP but it installed and ran okay. It was able to identify the major/minor numbers for my local OTA channels automatically, along with channel names. Is that data in the .ts stream or somewhere else? Well, it had the same problem. Worked fine but all black.

So, now I'm wondering if the latest "dual 180" drivers from Avermedia are incompatible with Win2k. Anybody gotten them working under win2k? I was able to record HD using the HDNE plugin but that was with the previous A180 drivers. I'm off to see if I can't find an old copy.

Thanks.

Paul
Old 09-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Sage User

Update:

Reverting to the older driver set seemed to do the trick. The Avermedia HDTV tool now works just as advertised.

Sage is a little odd, however. It won't record anything (shows black) until I start the Aver tool and then it will record whatever channel the Aver tool is set to. Wierd.

Paul