SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Sage Expert

Missing first part of shows

I don't know if this is a beta issue or not, but since I'm using the latest beta, I figured I would post it here.

This weeks episode of Rescue Me was set to air from 8:57pm until 10pm. I watched it today and the first three minutes were RED (didn't record). I can see the DirectTV channel banner when the show actually started recording, so Sage didn't even change the channel until it was three minutes into the show. No padding on this show, and no shows were recorded within an hour on either end.

I've also experienced something similar on Big Brother 6 recently. It seems about 50% of the time I'm missing the first few minutes of the show (RED bar). I have five tuners so conflicts shouldn't be a problem. Again, nothing was set to record on the same channel within an hour on either end. I do have start/stop padding on the show (2 mins early, 5 mins late).

I'm hearing "why do we have to watch it on Sage... it always messes it up" way too much lately.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 09-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Administrator

What recording rate are you using? There was some issue discussed on the forum quite a while ago about missing the first 5 minutes when using VCD or something like that. I would report it & save your logs for the report.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Sage Expert

I'm using the default of DVD standard play.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

same experience here. havent really had time to find any corolation yet.. Has your so been talking to my wife? That sage comment sounds all too familiar...but then its usually followed by, " If sage didnt hold us hostage by all its extra functionality I would go buy a damn TIVO"...

I dare not explain that were on Beta

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to rickmont
I had that same problem and it drove me nuts until someone finally told me:

look for "seeker/fast_mux_switch=true" in your Sage.properties file and change it to false.

or was it the other way around?

I hope this helps!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah... We already have two DirecTivo's, so Sage is a tough sell. I hacked them to enable multi-room viewing. We can record up to 4 shows at once and view them on either TV. I can also access them via the Internet to watch, schedule, etc shows. I have caller ID on it. I can copy shows from the Tivo and burn to DVD. Since it stores the direct feed from the Sat. on disk, it only takes up about 1 gig/hr so Tivo can store more with it's 350 gigs than I can with my 800 on Sage. The video quality is much better on Tivo. I can even play my MP3's and view the weather. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it myself! Too bad they're so SLOW.

Two DirecTivo boxes: $200 (at the time, now they're free)
Sage Box: $3,000 and counting (after several upgrades)

I think it's all about the challenge of spending lots of time and money to better a (now free) box.