SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Sage User

xmltv Plugin

Hi,

I am using a python script called tv_grab_au_tuhs which grabs data from the Australian Community-based TV Guide, http://tvguide.org.au/. I type

"python tv_grab_au_tuhs --output epgdata.xml"

and copy the file epgdata.xml to the sagetv directory. I have followed the first 3 instructions from the sticky how to also.

I open up Sagetv and go to

Setup -> Setup Wizard -> Hauupauge WinTV PCI II Capture -> Hauppauge WinTV PCI II Capture TV Tuner -> Use Tuner on Capture card to tuen Antenna/Broadcast -> Use programming guide data with souce -> Local Broadcast (Over-The-Air) -> XMLTV lineup

but at this point it hangs forever.

I have used the plugin tester and it showed an error

"
Getting providers...
Got provider ID = 867507149; XMLTV Lineup
Updating Guide,..
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "ABC"
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1111)
at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:70)
at PluginTester.main(PluginTester.java:43)
Test complete, result was 'false'.
"

I have tried to use the command tv_sort command from xmltv.exe to see if that helps, prior to putting it in sagetv directory but many errors occur. I create the file TVDatapre.xml using "python tv_grab_au_tuhs --output TVDatapre.xml".
There error that occurs when I type
"xmltv tv_sort --by-channel --output c:\xmltv\epgdata.xml c:\xmltv TVDatapre.xml"
is

"
Timezone is +1000
c:\xmltvTVDatapre.xml: element rating not expected here at /PerlApp/XMLTV.pm line 1959
c:\xmltv\TVDatapre.xml: element rating not expected here at /PerlApp/XMLTV.pm line 1959
c:\xmltv\TVDatapre.xml: element data not expected here at /PerlApp/XMLTV.pm line 1959
"
There are a total of nine errors similar to this, each on line 1959.

Does anyone know how I could procede in getting this to work?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

you have 2 problems:

The grabber is not producing well formed XMLTV data (the order of the items in the programme element is important) -- hence the TV-SORT errors, but this should not cause big problems when importing.

The sage XMLTV plugin you are using is expecting a numeric channel name to use as the channel number (this is only the case for US data). Try a different plugin, such as this one that I use

More XMLTV/Sage links here
Old 10-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I have set up using this plugin and it seems to work. It doesn't hang on the setup and shows me the channels in the xmltv file. When I go to livetv guide however there is no data. I checked the plugin with the plugin tester and even though it showed thousands of errors it said that the result was true. The errors that occur are mostly unparseable date.

I have included my xmltv file.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip epgdata.zip (103.8 KB, 641 views)
Old 10-03-2005, 02:40 AM
SageTVaholic

the thousands of errors == all your programs!

A quick look at your XML file suggests that the start + stop dates are not parseable because they do not contain timezone information...

See this link for a script to add TZ infomation to the XMLTV data (the script adds +0100, you probably need to add whatever offset from UTC you are at... It is possible that TV_GREP will not like your grabbers output though, so it may be easier to patch your grabber to add the TZ info...)
Old 10-03-2005, 04:29 AM
Sage User

Hi,
There was an option in the tv_grab_au_tuhs to set the timezone to +0000. I used this then used xmltv and tv_grep to change that to +1000, my timezone. Sagetv now has my data in the live tv guide but in many of the programs the same weird character appear, & # 3 9 ; (though with no spaces, as when I type it with no spaces it turns to ')
Is there a way to remove this or get sagetv to recognize that is stands for '?

Thanks

Last edited by TomAlbert; 10-03-2005 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:07 AM
SageTVaholic

This is an encoded HTML/XML single quote -- there is no need for it to be encoded, although I am surprised that it does not get decoded automatically by the plugin...

Possible solution: search/replace in the XML data?
(PS do you know about www.icetv.com.au )
Old 10-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Sage Expert

There are much better grabbers for Australian TV. Ice is a good one but, I think, you have to pay for it. Try www.tvxb.com for a nice free grabber and use Demideus's XMLTV plugin.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Sage User

HWW and eBroadcast who distribute much of the listings content in Australia asked tvxb to take down the country ini file for australia. At the moment from the txvb website they only supply 2 channels unless you live in Sydney or Adelaide.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Sage Expert

Ah, I did not know that. I might have the old inis if you want them. I will have to check when I get home tonight. PM me if youi want them. There are others from Australia using TVxb here, I have read. They might have more updated inis. Otherwise you can just build your own. I rebuilt mine from, almost, the ground up (actually I should submit my update to Bill).