SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Warning when SageTV loses it's internet connection?

Howdy,

I ran into a problem yesterday that caused me to miss a few shows. Somehow my Sage computer lost it's internet connection. Not sure what happened but I had to reboot it and it came right back.

So I have a couple questions... (I think a few are in the FAQ but I want to get them all in one place)

1) When SageTV downloads the TV guide, how many days does it download at once?
2) If Sage loses its internet connection, does it just use the shows in memory it had already downloaded or does it stop working?
3) If Sage loses its internet connection, does it give any warning so I kow something is wrong?
4) Is there a log file that would include information I could check to see some errors as to when exactly it lost it's Guide info so I can research this on my end?

It would be really helpful if Sage detected it had no internet connection if it could put a big warning icon on the screen somewhere so when I see it I know something is up.

Also it would be very helpful if on the TV Guide area, there was a button to manually force it to go out and redownload the guide. I know I can remove and add a channel to get it to do that but there should relaly be a button or menu option to do this.

Would there be a log
Old 10-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor
So I have a couple questions... (I think a few are in the FAQ but I want to get them all in one place)
The first question is in the FAQ & in several places in the manual. If you know where the answer is, I'm not sure too many people will want to look it up for you. In fact, it was added to the FAQ & the manual so that such things didn't have to keep being answered.

There is no log or notification about losing your internet connection & if the EPG data can't be updated, the old data continues to be used until it runs out.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there an official way to request a feature be added since many people don't check the live TV guide and look into the future all the time after we setup our favorites and get them going? If some sort of icon could show up on the window or in the tray or something stating that the EPG coudln't be updated and only XX days remain in the cache, that'd be most helpful.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Since there is a beta in progress, I would just submit a bug report & make it a feature request instead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
If you use the webserver you can also see when the last update occured.