SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage Expert

Post FYI: how I fixed my 3.0.11b upgrade

Thought I would share this.

Always backup your Win.* !!!! With that out of the way

First install was an in-place upgrade. The Sage recordings would only show up in the imported videos section. Was not a SNAFU in my folder config either

Backed up my Wiz files. I even tried deleting the bin/bak files and recopying my bak so it recopies it. No love. It wouldn't restore the .bak

Did a uninstall. Nuked the property/wiz files. and recopied the saved wiz files. Recreated a props file. In this case it wouldn't restore the .bak and made a new 'one' so I copied my saved wize.bin back over and my recordings were automagically there

Everything was fine until I got to adding the EPG. It took several minutes to download (for whatever reason -- status indicator, not a bloody bar!, would be useful), around 5 I believe. It then wouldn't accept any modifications to the channel choices so I closed the client app and restarted it (using default UI). It then allowed me to change the channel listings and remove all the chaff, however they did not appear as changes until it finished the total EPG buildout process (~15 minutes or more.)

Everything appears normal again. Though I'll have to keep an eye on the dupe recordings that started appearing a week ago (with 3.0.5b.)

Cheers thought I'd spread the knowledge if it happens to anyone else.