SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

folder.jpg not working for DVDs

I'm trying to get a folder.jpg file to show a thumbnail for DVDs ripped to my hard drive but it will not show.

Catch is, I have other DVDs that are set up correctly and they DO show....

I have even coped the SAME folder.jpg file from a "working" DVD folder to one that won't work and it still won't work.

Here is the directory tree of what I've got..... I don't think I'm doing it wrong..... below that is what SageTV looks like (no thumbail)

Thanks for the help
Old 10-07-2005, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Have removed and then re-added the import directory?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Have removed and then re-added the import directory?
That worked. Is this a bug in Sage? Why would it be necessary for me to completely remove all of a directory's imports then re-import it to make the folder.jpg show up?

That only seems to happen with DVDs not with plain 'ole .mpg files. Those folder.jpgs show up with either a) waiting a little time or b) a refresh media (which doesn't work on DVDs)
Old 10-07-2005, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
That worked. Is this a bug in Sage? Why would it be necessary for me to completely remove all of a directory's imports then re-import it to make the folder.jpg show up?
It's the way it works, last time I asked, I was told (don't remember who by) that "thumbnails" (as they are called) are only caught when the media file is first found.

It might be worth a bug report/feature request though.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Sure sounds like a bug..... there's no way "Joe VHS" is going to know to remove his directory every time he imports a DVD to his hard drive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
It's the way it works, last time I asked, I was told (don't remember who by) that "thumbnails" (as they are called) are only caught when the media file is first found.

It might be worth a bug report/feature request though.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

While we're here talking about folder.jpg

I've got a folder of 4 different imported videos. I want them all grouped together so they show up as one folder after selecting "Imported Videos". I want the folder icon to have a particular picture inside the folder (folder.jpg I assume from inside the folder where the videos live)

However, when I go into the folder I want each item to have a different thumbnail. I have done this by assigning the video files name with a .jpg.

This works. Each item has its own thumbnail, however the main folder's thumbnail is showing the first "video".jpg in the folder, not folder.jpg.

Is this correct? If so, is there a way around it?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

I tried this too. I grabbed a generic DVD logo fron Google Images and wanted just that to show, and then clicking on that folder would show all the movies. Unfortunately, the .jpg shows up in the pictures section only. I think if a directory is "Video Only" and has a folder.jpg, it should show in the Video section. I wanted to do this with all my videos...take a screencap and use it for the folder. Admitidly, it's more of a missing feature than a bug.

P
Old 10-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sure sounds like a bug..... there's no way "Joe VHS" is going to know to remove his directory every time he imports a DVD to his hard drive....
Did you build that DVD dir in-place, or did you set it up somewhere else & then move it to an import dir? If you did it in-place, then I think it is a side effect of he fact that the DVD was found during a normal update scan & there may not have been a thumbnail at that time. Try setting it all up somewhere else & then move it to the import dir... unless that's what you already did.

Quote:
I've got a folder of 4 different imported videos. I want them all grouped together so they show up as one folder after selecting "Imported Videos". I want the folder icon to have a particular picture inside the folder (folder.jpg I assume from inside the folder where the videos live)

However, when I go into the folder I want each item to have a different thumbnail. I have done this by assigning the video files name with a .jpg.

This works. Each item has its own thumbnail, however the main folder's thumbnail is showing the first "video".jpg in the folder, not folder.jpg.

Is this correct? If so, is there a way around it?
Is this the default STV that you are talking about? What viewing mode (check the Options)? Do you mean that you are seeing a thumbnail on top of the blue folder icon? I'm not understanding something here.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.