SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Favorite Scheduling

I've tried looking this up in the manual but I'm totally confused....

Im my favorites there are two shows I have setup to record all episodes whenever and wherever they are: Commander In Chief (ABC) and Rome (HBO).

Commander-In-Chief has a higher favorie priority than Rome.

I have two tuners and Tuesday at 9pm is a hotbed for recordings. It is not unusual for something to get bumped and recorded at another time.

Rome's first run is set for Sunday nights at 9pm with about 7 different re-runs nearly every single night (this coming Sunday would be the next first-run). Commander-In-Chief is set for Tuesdays at 9pm with ABC lately re-running Tuesday's episode the following Saturday at 10pm.

For some reason, Sage is insisting on recording Rome Tuesday at 9pm and delaying Commander-In-Chief until next Saturday. I cannot figure out why.

Rome airs again Wednesday at 11pm. There is NOTHING scheduled to be recorded Wednesday at 11pm. In fact, I overrode Sage and used a manual recording to get Commander-In-Chief Tuesday at 9pm and Rome Wednesday at 11pm and it was happy to oblige and did not generate any conflicts. The moment I took off the manual recordings, it played musical chairs again.

Is Sage smart enough to look and say "Wow.... There are 7 airings of rome in my EPG and I've already had to skip over 3 of them, I better record this before the network changes their mind and doesn't really air any more"?

I've even made Commander-In-Chief Priority #1 (no, its not THAT good of a show) just to see what Sage will do and it won't budge on it's crazy escapde.

Any ideas?

Stacy
Old 10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

When Sage schedules Rome on Tuesday is it scheduling anything else on HBO immediately before or after? Also do you have padding set for any of the shows?

The reason I ask is there is an option in Sage to remove back to back padding for favorites on the same channel. It's possible that Sage would choose to record Commander and Chief at a later date so that it could record another show on HBO that night along with Rome by removing the padding.

Edit: I got mixed up on which show it was recording on Tuesday with my original post so I edited it correct it.

Last edited by blade; 10-07-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
When Sage schedules Commander and Chief on Tuesday is it scheduling anything else on ABC immediately before or after? Also do you have padding set for any of the shows?

The reason I ask is there is an option in Sage to remove back to back padding for favorites on the same channel. It's possible that Sage would choose to record Rome at a later date so that it could record another show on ABC that night along with Commander and Chief by removing the padding.
Nope. Good thought, though.

Nothing has padding..... here's the recording schedule for Tuesday:

8:00-9:00 NBC "The Biggest Loser" (my Wife's favorite :-)
9:00 - 10:00 HBO "Rome"
9:00 - 9:30 NBC "My Name is Earl"
9:30 - 10:00 NBC "The Office"
10:00 - 11:00 ABC "Boston Legal" (verified there's no padding set)
10:00 - 11:00 NBC "L&O:SVU"

I'm stumped. Does anyone see anything?

Again, my puzzlement is why won't it just record Rome at 11:00pm Wednesday? There's nothing happening at 11:00pm Wednesday. There are two show Wednesday at 10:00pm, but according to the EPG they end on-time and they have no padding either.

Last edited by srothwell; 10-07-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you ever figure out the reason for Sage's behavior?

A thought:
Could it be that one of the two tuners you have cannot record ABC?
Could it be that the tuner that recorded "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" on NBC is the only one being able to record ABC?