SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Exclamation 4 digit & 3 digit channels

Does anyone have else this problem?? I've had this problem since version 2.0 up until the latest beta. I have Dish Network programming which has mostly 3 digit channels however the satellite radio channels are 4 digit. The problem is that when I punch in the numbers on my remote for the 4 digit channels, it stops my entry after the 3rd digit. For example, classic rock on Sirius is 6014. When I press 6-0-1 ... it stops there...

HOWEVER,

if I choose channel 6014 from the program guide, my Actisys blaster will send the correct digits. There is only ONE STV that I've found that allows me to bypass this "bug" and that is the old MLBDUDE2.STV. Fortunately I've been using this STV because I've always loved it however from time to time I get the itch to try other STV's and this problem I have is always the reason I keep using this classic STV.

This problem happends with clean installations using the original stv. I know it isn't my remote. I have the same problem on my livingroom setup with the USB-IRT using my Tivo remote.

I know that you can edit the IR remote file. In vain over the last year and a half, I've changed the number 3 to 4 in the .IR file and although it does let me directly choose 4 digit channels, the 3 digit channels get messed up. It puts a 0 (I think) or possibly another number prior to the intended channel.

I've already submitted a bug request to Sage at MLBDUDE's suggestion but so far they have not suggested anything to correct the problem.

Anyone else experience this? Am I unique in having both 3 and 4 digit channels in my program guide?? I would think anyone who has Dish Network would experience this unless they exclude satellite radio from their guide.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-10-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Sage

Now I can tell you a quick fix for this.

Open the Studio and hit Ctrl+F. Then enter this into the dialog:
Code:
Size(ChannelSurf) == Size(MaxChannel + "")
Then replace the one it finds with:
Code:
Size(ChannelSurf) == 4
Then it'll use 4 digital channels in the OSD for you. (after that you should do a Save As... in the Studio to save your new STV, it'll get used automatically next time you load SageTV)
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks Jeff!

I followed your instructions but everything remains the same.

My Sirius radio channels start at 6001... From the Program Guide, when I press 6-0.. it still stops there and wont accept any more numbers. 3 digit still works however.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex

Code:
Code:
Size(ChannelSurf) == 4
Then it'll use 4 digital channels in the OSD for you. (after that you should do a Save As... in the Studio to save your new STV, it'll get used automatically next time you load SageTV)
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-08-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Sage Expert

to replace the code.. I right-clicked the original ,chose rename function then it let me change the code to what you suggest and then saved the STV. Is that correct?

Quote:

Code:
Code:
Size(ChannelSurf) == 4

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-10-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Sage Expert

Jeff is this the correct change illustrated in the screenshot?
Thanks

Quote:

Code:
Code:
Size(ChannelSurf) == 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (42.1 KB, 384 views)
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage

The fix above is just for the OSD, not the Guide....
Old 11-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage Expert

Narflex

Hmm that would explain why it didn't work for me huh?

What OSD are you speaking of exactly?

My problem is specifically with the Program Guide and also trying to change to 4 digit channels when watching LiveTV

Is there a fix for this problem?

Quote:
The fix above is just for the OSD, not the Guide....

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-10-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Administrator

The "OSD" means the screen when you are playing video.

There is a similar line in the code for the Program Guide menu -- just go to the Program Gudie & use the Cusotmize command to find that menu. Or, search for:
Code:
Size(NumericEntry) == Size(MaxChannel + "")
and change that line too. Anywhere that you can enter channel numbers directly, there will be a line similar to that on some If statement. (Though, there may not be any others at the moment.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up Problem Solved!

Thanks Jeff and Opus4!!!

This worked for both OSD and Program Guide

I suggest you make this a Sticky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The "OSD" means the screen when you are playing video.

There is a similar line in the code for the Program Guide menu -- just go to the Program Gudie & use the Cusotmize command to find that menu. Or, search for:
Code:
and change that line too. Anywhere that you can enter channel numbers directly, there will be a line similar to that on some If statement. (Though, there may not be any others at the moment.)

- Andy

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-10-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Sage

Another happy customer.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

This isn't exactly the same issue, but is it the STV that controls what gets sent out for channel changing? I.e. is it the STV that causes sage to not output letters if they're part of a channel number? I.e. in C band a channel would be something like G5011 and not 55011 which is how it's remapped to make things work.

I wouldn't mind hacking away at a STV if that is what it would take to make sage behave properly for c band users.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Sage Expert

hmmm 4.1 ... tried to do the same two edits in Studio and it works in the OSD but now the Program Guide wont allow past 2 digits even with the edited entries... any advice??

EDIT - Hmmm loaded 4.1 on my work PC and did the fixes above and they worked...
I will save the fixed XML and email to myself and use it on my PC.

Wonder why the same exact fixes I did in 4.0 wouldn't take affect when I used 4.1???

and why did the fixes work when I loaded sage on my work machine......... hmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Thanks Jeff and Opus4!!!

This worked for both OSD and Program Guide

I suggest you make this a Sticky!

Last edited by cmaffia; 12-19-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Sage Expert

Thread Updated

SageTV has evolved since the original post and the original suggestions are no longer accurate.

So let me clean this up.

To get SageTV OSD and Program Guide to anticipate 4 digit entries, all you have to do is search in Studio for the following:

Size(MaxChannel + "")

For EVERY instance of this entry, change it to

== 4

For example.. let's say one of my searches finds the following:

You would change this to

Size(NumericEntry) == 4

Change all entries found, save and you will have 4 digit entry capabilities in both OSD and the Program Guide

Works for me with every upgrade thus far!

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-28-2006 at 07:22 AM.