SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Music Library - Album Covers

How are they defined? From what I found via search, it seems it is only via tags in files. So I went and added them but some albums still aren't coming up as having covers even though they are in the tags (double checked). Any ideas or can I just name a file in the folder something and have it be detected?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:16 AM
SageTVaholic

check the documentation: one folder per album with a 'folder.jpg' files in the same folder should work, but you need to rename the folder or remove/re-add the library for Sage to see the change
Old 10-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Sage Icon

It should work with just the image in the tag too. Mine are set up that way...one folder with 900 files. In addition to what nielm stated, I found that sometimes the tag is corrupt somehow, and the image doesn't show. For those, I deleted the tag entirely and recreated a new one.

P
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I use this for all of my album cover needs. Might help you:
http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hrm. Ok....

Well, I'm using the Beatles 1 album as an example here...because it wont work - period. I've rescanned/etc. and it's a no go.

There's a folder.jpg (named exactly that in that case) in the folder, I've completely removed and readded the entire directory and rescanned it multiple times, and each file has the cover embedded in it (with AlbumArt).

Still it's not detecting it. This also occurs with a few other artists/albums, so it's not specifically this album.

:/ Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

When that happened to me, I used the jetAudio application I have installed, to delete the tag completely and then re-create it and re-import the album art. I know what you're talking about, I had a few like that. Between Album Art Cover Downloader, The Godfather, and jetAudio...I got all art to show.

P