SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Sage User

Sage breaks Fusion 5 Gold analog mode

I have done the following:

Formatted and installed Windows MCE 2005 and latest updates including roll-up 2 for MCE.

Installed Fusion Software, verified that analog and digital works on Fusion software.

Installed Sage Beta - As i am setting the S-Video as a "source" i can see real moving video in the small box in the lower right. However, when i go to live-tv i get an error and only hear audio.

If i launch the Fusion software i get an error message about the crossover bridge failed and i get no video. I have double checked the preferred codec and nothing is changed. I have to uninstall Sage, then Fusion, then reinstall fusion to get analog working again.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Im not familiar with the fusion stuff,
but I do recall you have to kill some MCE services before you can run sage properly in MCE, maybe the same is true with Fusion ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 10-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage Expert

The latest ATI drivers apparently have issues with the latest Fusion software. Not sure what you're using, since you didn't specify.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Sage User

Not sure where this comment goes, but I uinstalled Sage V3.11 and installed V3.13. At first not only did my Fusion HDTV5 Gold show up in Sage but the analog tuner worked. All of my QAM digtal tuning reported back 0% signal strength. I did a reboot hoping that the digtal tuner might start working. After the reboot, the digtal situation did not imrpve. I attempted to tune analog channels and Sage CPU usage goes to 100% and becomes unresponsive. I attemted to use th Fusion software and it reported "Connecting CROSSBAR to ANALOG CAPTURE (VIDEO) filter failed." I wrote Fusion and got a recommendation to uninstall my Haupauge cards. I disabled my Haupauge ackbird which was using a similar driver called 88x crossbar. That didn't fix my Sage problem, but Fusion started working again. It seems at least for the moment that Fusion HDTV5 Gold and Haupauge Blackbird are not going to work together in the same system.