SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Sage User

QAM HDTV Tuning -- Linux has it, will Windows????

Having just joined the ranks of the HDTV'd, I immediately wanted to upgrade my PVR situation to start some time shifting of HD content. I have a wicked bad multipath problem, so I was thrilled to find out that my cable company has the basic network channels unencrypted (prime time TV is most of what I want anyway).

But noooo. The Fusion cards (nor any card) don't support tuning of QAM outside of the native application in Windows (yes I know it's just a driver issue). Obviously this is a liability thing on the forefront of content protection. I was relieved to find out that the Linux guys have this working in MythTV. The Linux driver supposedly _can_ tune QAM. So will I have to abandon my beloved SageTV (yes I know it's not their fault), to get my PVR HD fix???

heckheck

Last edited by heckheck; 10-17-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Or MAYBE the Linux version of SAGE will be the answer...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage User

I'd _love_ for a Linux client of SAGE to be the answer. Bring it on, I'd even pay another reasonable fee to get it. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any official (or even substantiated unofficial) movement in that direction other than talk of 3'rd party full closed solutions. I don't want to pay many 100's of bucks for a full up closed SAGE linux system. I'm handy and can handle a SAGE linux install on my own equipment. Unfortunately it doesn't appear likely that I'll get the chance.

heckheck
Old 10-18-2005, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Grrr.