SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Sage Expert

Does anyone else have an issue where you get slight stuttering about two hours into a football game that you're recording and watching?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm one of those people on AVS and I can guarantee there is an issue between the Silicon Image SATARaid controller and the A180. No question. Not SATA and HD, specifically the Silicon Image SATARaid onboard controller and the A180. Driver version doesn't seem to matter but all their drivers are old.

It may not manifest itself in every instance, but too many people have had their stuttering problem solved by eliminating that interface to ignore.

If you have stutter problems with your A180 recording to a SATA drive it is highly recommended that you check your hardware properties to see if your MB has this controller. It's on several 'name' boards, most notably my Asus, heh.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblust
I think I've found the cause of my A180 stutter. I ran across a post on AVSForum where someone was complaining that their SiI3112 SATA controller seemed to be causing similar stuttering for them with their A180 using MCE. I have a SiI3512 SATA controller, which is similar, and all of my Sage recording directories are on the SATA drives. I tried temporarily setting up a Sage recording directory on my PATA boot drive, and started some new recordings from the A180, and I got perfect recordings!

Unfortunately, I can't tell Sage to always use a particular (PATA) drive for recordings from the A180 tuner, so I may have to juggle hardware somehow so that I'm not recording to the SATA drives. It's nice to know that my stutter wasn't Sage's fault though
Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have an MSI motherboard with an SiL 3114 SATA controller using version 1.1.0.0 of that driver; I have not had any stuttering problems at all.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's good to know that the 3114 is not effected. It's a 4 port model and has more recent driver updates so it seems to be a model they are still actively supporting. On the other hand the 3112 (the one some people are having trouble with) hasn't had a driver update in over a year.

It seems the OP on AVS is really on to something, another person posted that they solved their stutter problem by eliminating this controller (3112).

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo
I have an MSI motherboard with an SiL 3114 SATA controller using version 1.1.0.0 of that driver; I have not had any stuttering problems at all.