SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Sage

SageTV V3.0.14 Release Candidate 3

The SageTV V3.0.14 Release Candidate 3 is now available.

As always, thanks for all the testing, feedback, and bug reports for the previous version!

Here are v3.0.14 release notes:

Core Changes
1. Fixed bug where Digital TV recording would record the wrong subchannel
2. Fixed bug where no audio playback would result with some Digital TV recordings
3. Fixed bug where recorded files wouldn't be able to skip forward/backwards properly (this fixes newly recorded files only)
4. Videos recorded by SageTV can now manually be moved to a SageTV library directory without losing the EPG info for the recording
5. Fixed bug where Digital TV recordings would sometimes have stuttering or data loss in them
6. Fixed bug where never_stop_encoding defaulted to true the first time a capture device was created in SageTV (it would go to false when the app was restarted)

STv Changes
1. Fixed left in Online Services menu to go to Media Center
2. Channel Setup: Fixed input so that numbers could be used for channel-finding hot-keys again
3. Channel Setup: Fixed View button so that SageTV would remember that a video was launched & then stop playback when leaving the menu.

The current wiz.bin and properties files are backed up as part of the upgrade install process... but being beta, it is always a good idea to make backup copies yourself.

If you wish to try v3, yet continue to use v2, then you should make a complete backup copy of your v2 installation directories, then install v3 to try it. If you wish to return to using v2, uninstall v3, re-install v2, then copy your v2 backup over that fresh v2 installation.

You can download the betas and the updated manual at http://www.sagetv.com/beta.html

Please submit any bug reports to http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yay! Nice core changes.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Videos recorded by SageTV can now manually be moved to a SageTV library directory without losing the EPG info for the recording
If upgrading from 2.2.8, will all my previous recordings I have already put into Import Library show info?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
4. Videos recorded by SageTV can now manually be moved to a SageTV library directory without losing the EPG info for the recording
I like this enhancement! Thanks!

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy

Quote:
Fixed bug where no audio playback would result with some Digital TV recordings
On my system this is not fixed. I'll submit another bug report on this issue
Old 10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
On my system this is not fixed. I'll submit another bug report on this issue
Did you try with new recordings, or are you playing old ones.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried it with new recordings (several times)
Old 10-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
If upgrading from 2.2.8, will all my previous recordings I have already put into Import Library show info?
Maybe -- it depends on whether the info for those shows is still in the database. If it has been removed as the db is cleaned up (shows w/o any info needed to be tracked -- unwatched, not Don't Like, not a fav, etc. -- are removed), then the info won't be there.

By the way -- recordings moved to the import dirs are detected as archived recordings, so that is where you will find them... unless you have configured the SageTV Recordings menu to list archived shows. Also, you probably have to do these moves while SageTV (or the service) is closed. I have not tried moving anything while SageTV is running, but I think it only does the scans for these files at startup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Maybe -- it depends on whether the info for those shows is still in the database. If it has been removed as the db is cleaned up (shows w/o any info needed to be tracked -- unwatched, not Don't Like, not a fav, etc. -- are removed), then the info won't be there.
They are all still favorites and I am running a pretty old wiz.bin file. So they should all show up then. Thanx

Quote:
recordings moved to the import dirs are detected as archived recordings, so that is where you will find them...
What I do is record to \\superman\Recordings, take out commercails using VideoReDo, rename the file by taking out the numbers at the end of the file:
ER-NowWhat-1201419-0.mpg becomes:
ER-NowWhat.mpg
then I place it manually into an imported folder under \\Superman\TVShows\ER\Season10\10x01 Now What

Will this still grab the info? If so, will I still be able to keep by directory structure and go through the "Video Library (Imported)" to see them?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Also, you probably have to do these moves while SageTV (or the service) is closed. I have not tried moving anything while SageTV is running, but I think it only does the scans for these files at startup.
That would need to be checked... Not exactly all that useful for those of us that restart sage once in a blue moon. There's still a "refresh" button? or is that something different? (I'm still on 3.0.11)

Quote:
Will this still grab the info?
I'm going to GUESS that it will not... It's gotta be looking at datestamp, filesize, filename most likely to get the database reference... So changing pretty much all of that info in your example would break sage's link. But... that IS just a guess...

Last edited by Kanati; 10-24-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=13172

this thread by Malore makes me think "IT IS" possible. But I am not 100% positive. But it is why I asked. I hope it does work. Maybe I'll try this weekend coming up...
Old 10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What I do is record to \\superman\Recordings, take out commercails using VideoReDo, rename the file by taking out the numbers at the end of the file:
ER-NowWhat-1201419-0.mpg becomes:
ER-NowWhat.mpg
then I place it manually into an imported folder under \\Superman\TVShows\ER\Season10\10x01 Now What

Will this still grab the info? If so, will I still be able to keep by directory structure and go through the "Video Library (Imported)" to see them?
I fogot to say -- you _have_ to keep the ID number as part of the filename; that is how SageTV looks up the info.

And, as I said above, they become archived recordings when correctly recognized, not imported videos.

Quote:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=13172

this thread by Malore makes me think "IT IS" possible. But I am not 100% positive. But it is why I asked. I hope it does work. Maybe I'll try this weekend coming up...
What malore was talking about there has nothing to do with this change, since it is part of the core, not an STV. Becuase of this change, malore really doesn't need to do what he was trying to do, since the core does it more effectively.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Fixed bug where Digital TV recordings would sometimes have stuttering or data loss in them
Based on my quick look, it seems that I still have some studdering/data loss. It is not really restricted to any particular channel. Much of the time playback is fine but when this does happen it is very annoying since dialog is just lost, and it is hard to follow what is being said.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
Based on my quick look, it seems that I still have some studdering/data loss. It is not really restricted to any particular channel. Much of the time playback is fine but when this does happen it is very annoying since dialog is just lost, and it is hard to follow what is being said.
I haven't tried 3.0.14 yet but with version 3.0.13 I found that running SageTV at high priority while recording helps reduce stuttering for me. I run my SageTV server at High Priority and then watch with a SageTVClient on a different PC at normal priority. It might be worth a try.

Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 10-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I fogot to say -- you _have_ to keep the ID number as part of the filename; that is how SageTV looks up the info.
ok then let me see if I got this right. Before I starting using VideoReDo I left the commercials in the file and used AutoGK to shrink them, leaving in the ID number, so the info should show up? If so, will it still show up since I moved them out of my recording directory and into an Imported one?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Before I starting using VideoReDo I left the commercials in the file and used AutoGK to shrink them, leaving in the ID number, so the info should show up? If so, will it still show up since I moved them out of my recording directory and into an Imported one?
Since I haven't done exactly what you are describing, you'll have to let us know what happens.

Here's what I did: closed SageTV, moved an existing SageTV recording file to an import dir w/o any changes to the file or filename, restarted SageTV, and the 'imported' recording showed up as an archived recording.

- Andy
Old 10-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Sage Expert

Wow, very timely. This last weekend I'd downloaded and installed the new NVidia drivers, and they'd caused a lot of stuttering. So far so good with this new release, even on ABC which has been the worst for me, but all channels were bad at times with the new NVidia drivers. Still too early to tell for certain, so I think I'll just have to watch MNF to make sure!

Now I might not have to go to the trouble of downgrading the Nvidia drivers.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a quick update to the audio problem. I no longer have two channels that exhibit this problem; I now have three.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I can confirm (on a healthy PC) the latest Nvidia drivers (177) and the latest SageTV work very well. All channels have audio. Video looks sharper than ever.

I will do more testing in the next several days...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage User

I installed this update but I am having two problems that I can not figure out.. When I play my music files it will play through my computer speakers but not my tv speakers. What setting do I need to change? And when I watch tv or play a video it will play on my tv just fine, but will not play on my computer screen. My sage screen just stays black. What am I doing wrong? I have the hauppauge 350pvr if this helps. Also on Malores STVs, he has to update the file to work each new release of Sage correct? Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by Chris3577; 10-24-2005 at 07:25 PM.