SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow How to recreate Cayars17 Ultimate STV with imports and Sage v4

This thread is being created for the purpose of helping everyone who really liked the way Cayars functioned under Sage 2.x get the same user experience under Sage 4.0. Hopefully this thread can help point user's in the right direction to finding all the tidbits they feel they're missing. If some feature you used in Cayars isn't listed below, please post about it and we'll see if anyone knows anything or is willing to create a new import.

Features:

1.) Upcoming recordings at the bottom of your main menu screen

To regain this functionality, use the STV Import: Dynamic Customisable Main Menu by neilm

2.) Available HDD space/upcoming recording space needed

See above feature.

2a.) The disk storage bar that was displayed in the upper left-hand corner where the Sage logo is.

You can add the Storage bar centered in the top (via the unlocked hidden features) or on the bottom right (with Nielm's dynamic menu's), but there just isn't a solution for the top-left corner. Personally the bottom-right corner is working well for me.

3.) "Malore"-style recordings listing.

This can be done by unlocking the "hidden" features of the default STV, see this post

4.) Full screen-width program progress indicator at bottom of screen

Currently not available.

5.) Full screen-width program info on top of screen

Currently not available.

6.) Commercial detection and auto skipping during playback

Auto skipping can be added by using this import. However, to run comskip itself I'll need suggestions - currently I use the newer Show Analyzer which runs independant of Sage.

Per ToxMox Below: "Use malore's full import to gain both internal comskip code and comskip playback support or just use comskip playback import if you want to use Showanalyzer with DirMon instead of comskip etc."

7.) Ability to easily change the background image

I believe that once you unlock the "hidden" features from #3 you have the ability to do this, I'll check into it.

8.) Ability to use external players

Greg Germ has created an STV that has the built in. Hopefully he'll be able to create an import for this as well.

9.) ToxMox icon bars throughout STV
10.) DVD burner

9-10 are currently not available.

11.) Custom channel guides

BobPheonix just released a plugin for #11 with enhancements Favorite Channel Lists.

12.) Mini-Guide

jbuszkie released the Mini-Guide as a plug in.

13.) The ability to queue up shows to be compressed from within the SageTV interface.
14.) The ability to have xml files automatically created with all the show info.

13-14 are currently not available.

15.) Automatic clean-up of orphaned files & cleanup of partial recordings.

Dirmon can be setup to cleanup any orphaned files. To delete partial recordings, Neilm's import is available.

This is a work in progress and will continually be updated. So if you have any other information, please post it and I'll try to add it ASAP.

-AJ

Last edited by ajuhawk; 02-04-2006 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

3) Already in default STV as a hidden extra. (see http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=12520)
6) Use malore's full import to gain both internal comskip code and comskip playback support or just use comskip playback import if you want to use Showanalyzer with DirMon instead of comskip etc.
7) Already in default STV as a hidden extra. (see number 3)
Old 11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Only thing not available from imports etc are 4 and 5.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Other things to note that aren't available currently that are in Cayars:

A) ToxMox icon bars throughout STV
B) Ability to playback to external players
C) DVD burner
D) Custom channel guides

If I think of more I'll add them here.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

the miniguide I would say is the most important at this point. I do like the ToxMox icon bars but many of those icons have just been replaced for v4 (although I did like the CC icon a lot). But anyways, I will be working on trying to make an import for the mini-guide...but that shouldnt' stop anybody else from doing it either. I'm sure if we get about 3 or 4 people on it, we should get something.

BTW: what is #4? is it just the fact that its not full width? because there is a progress indicator, correct?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

I think Ajuhawk meant full width of the screen.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

One other thing to add:

The ability to queue up shows to be compressed from within the SageTV interface. This is the topic of an import that I've been looking into. My ideal goal is to be able to select a show, hit the 'Compress' option, and have an option to either replace the show, or keep the original and the compressed copy when it finishes.
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 11-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
the miniguide
How could I forget the miniguide?!?! oh, right, cuz I haven't used cayars in awhile... I definately liked that little guy though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
BTW: what is #4? is it just the fact that its not full width? because there is a progress indicator, correct?
This is actually copied from cayars thread and yeah, I believe it's the fact that it's not full width. If I remember rightly, Cayars was a little more transparent also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
The ability to queue up shows to be compressed from within the SageTV interface.
Added - let me know when there's solutions to these so I can add links.

Also I added the ability to create XML files automatically. The option exists to manually create the file for each show, but it'd be nice to get that automatic again.

Last edited by ajuhawk; 11-04-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

a little clarity

What #4 refers to is: I have a STD 32" TV. Why make the show's progress bar only 10" wide and cram four (or is it five) lines of stuff into it? I liked how the bar was just about as wide as the screen and that it wasn't taking up a 1/4 of height in my TV screen (combined with the top info section). In short, it's too tall and not wide enough. Ditto for the info bar on top.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing I liked was in the recording schedule in parallel display you could have it strip off the HAUPPAUGE info from the name so that you got PCI II #2 USB2 ect... as the heading for each column.

I found this registry hack that will help this out but would prefer a Sage only solution: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...26&postcount=7

BobP.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Sage Expert

In cayers I could make it display episode numbers in "malore style recordings". I havn't found a way to do that yet with SageTV V4.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
In cayers I could make it display episode numbers in "malore style recordings". I havn't found a way to do that yet with SageTV V4.
If you are displaying the malore style recordings then you've already enabled the hidden extras and all you need to do is bring up the options dialog in the recordings menu and change the sort to Show ID.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

15.) The disk storage bar that was displayed in the upper left-hand corner. There is an import that will display the remaining storage space, but it isn't nearly as slick as the storage bar.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
15.) The disk storage bar that was displayed in the upper left-hand corner. There is an import that will display the remaining storage space, but it isn't nearly as slick as the storage bar.
The hidden extras built into the default STV has a storage bar.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just remembered that and enabled it, but (to be picky) it's position and size isn't nearly as well executed as Cayars.

Ajuhawk, this is a great thread for all of us old school Cayars lovers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
The hidden extras built into the default STV has a storage bar.

Last edited by bhageman; 11-07-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Just remembered that and enabled it, but (to be picky) it's position and size isn't nearly as well executed as Cayars.

Thanks!
I guess the one problem i have iwth it is that previously yiou could see it on every menu since you can see the sage logo on every menu. now, i can't see it ona few menus i want to such as the recordings menu

but, this would be pretty easy to fix if i'm not mistaken
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Thanks!
I think what you're after is one like Neilm's dynamic menu's provides, only in the upper-left instead of lower-right. Personally I wish Sage had incorporated that with their hidden features instead of the one they chose, but I guess they have to have their logo somewhere.

And this thread was as much for my good as ya'lls, so I'm glad it's useful! (Not to mention the wife got used to having all the Cayar's features and didn't like it when I started beta testing V3/4 and those features disappeared).

-AJ
Old 11-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
If you are displaying the malore style recordings then you've already enabled the hidden extras and all you need to do is bring up the options dialog in the recordings menu and change the sort to Show ID.

I am sorting by showid, but it doesn't show the showid.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

tis odd, I have the malore recordings screen (lists the show on the left and the episode on the right) and before the episodes it has a 4 digit episode number. Certain recordings don't show episode numbers, but the majority do.