SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Sage User

Smile Change TV Recording File Names & Other questions?

Hello everyone. I'm a new user to SageTV, I was using BeyondTV and with the release of STV4 and BTV charging $20 extra for every tuner after 2 I have decided to give sage a try. I pretty much have most things setup the way I like I just have a couple questions:

1. How can I change the way that my recordings are named? As of right now it names them: AroundtheHorn-ShowID-o.mpg, with BeyondTV it would name them Around The Horn-(Episode Title)-2005-11-04-0.mpg, Ideally I would want to set it up where it names the files: (2005)-(11-04)-Around The Horn-(Episode Title).mpg, is this possible?

2. When looking at the scheduled recordings is there anyway to make it see past the next 3 days, like possibly whatever is available in the guide (the next 14 days instead), just in case I go out of town and want to make sure that something is going to record. I'm just used to BTV that shows all of the upcoming shows for the next 10-14 days.

I think that would be it for now, any assitance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdb4133
Hello everyone. I'm a new user to SageTV, I was using BeyondTV and with the release of STV4 and BTV charging $20 extra for every tuner after 2 I have decided to give sage a try. I pretty much have most things setup the way I like I just have a couple questions:

1. How can I change the way that my recordings are named? As of right now it names them: AroundtheHorn-ShowID-o.mpg, with BeyondTV it would name them Around The Horn-(Episode Title)-2005-11-04-0.mpg, Ideally I would want to set it up where it names the files: (2005)-(11-04)-Around The Horn-(Episode Title).mpg, is this possible?
In Detailed Setup -> Customize there should be an option to put episode names in the filenames, which would give you "ShowName-EpisodeName-ID.mpg" type filenames. Nothing to give you a date though.

Quote:
2. When looking at the scheduled recordings is there anyway to make it see past the next 3 days, like possibly whatever is available in the guide (the next 14 days instead), just in case I go out of town and want to make sure that something is going to record. I'm just used to BTV that shows all of the upcoming shows for the next 10-14 days.
Do a search for scheduling lookahead.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdb4133
Hello everyone. I'm a new user to SageTV, I was using BeyondTV and with the release of STV4 and BTV charging $20 extra for every tuner after 2 I have decided to give sage a try.
While I don't have answers for you, I evaluated and wound up choosing SageTV for this very reason. Given that I have three PVR-500's, BTV wanted an extra $80 to allow me to use the other tuners. Ridiculous, and I wouldn't pay it.

VERY happy I went with Sage!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Sage Icon

Same here. I couldn't even run the BTV trial with more than 2 tuners to see if it would even work. Sage's trial showed me that Sage would support my 5 tuners just fine. Gave Sage my $$ and haven't looked back.