SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

Question Easier Way to Delete Shows

I have been using SageTV since 2.0.20 and my (maybe bad) habit is to let my Favorites build up now and then until I get to watch them. In addition, at times I keep movies for long periods of time (up to a year). At some point I need to clean house and delete as many as 50 to 100 shows! Normally when I delete shows that I have just watched and then no longer want to keep them, I go to the Recording Details for that show with my remote, scroll down to Delete Now select it and then select Yes. If I am deleting a bunch of shows at one time this really takes a lot of effort.

Is there a way to program a button on my remote to "Delete"? I looked for a Sage Command but didn't see one for Delete.

If not, this sure would be a handy featutre. Maybe even the ability to "Mark" multiple shows / files would be great for batch Deleting?

Any thoughts on the subject? Am I the only one trying to delete many shows at once?

Thanks!, T.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Administrator

There is a 'Delete' command, so you must have just missed it. (command #83, so it is near the end of the list)

In v4, if you highlight a group of recordings, you can use the Delete command to delete all of them (see p. 36 in the v4 manual). This will also work if you do some sort of search -- highlight the Current Recordings group to delete them all. If you filter the search results to show only Watched shows, or some such thing, you could delete all those at once. Of course, if you make a mistake, all those shows will still be deleted... so use with caution!

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There is a 'Delete' command, so you must have just missed it. (command #83, so it is near the end of the list)

In v4, if you highlight a group of recordings, you can use the Delete command to delete all of them (see p. 36 in the v4 manual). This will also work if you do some sort of search -- highlight the Current Recordings group to delete them all. If you filter the search results to show only Watched shows, or some such thing, you could delete all those at once. Of course, if you make a mistake, all those shows will still be deleted... so use with caution!

- Andy
Excellent! Thanks Andy! Will file this away for my new new build !

Last edited by mightyt; 01-02-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Sage User

Could you point out where we find this command (#83?)? I'd like to delete programs at the press of one button, too. Thanks.
Nevermind. I found out that the command is listed in the manual.

Last edited by Pegleg; 01-01-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Sage Icon

How do you "highlight" multiple shows using the remote rather than a keyboard/mouse?
Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevech
How do you "highlight" multiple shows using the remote rather than a keyboard/mouse?
There is no difference when using a remote vs. mouse or keyboard -- you don't highlight multiple shows; you highlight a single group entry in a list. A 'group entry' is one where if you were to select it, you would jump to a new screen where all the shows in that group are displayed.

See p. 33 in the v4.1 manual -- all those list entries that have a folder icon in the screen shot are groups.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

I have tried this and it does work well ... it even warns you about what you are about to do and allows you to cancel out at any point leaving shows that were not deleted already in tact.

The groups are set up by virtue of the SageTV Recordings menu ... depending on how you set it up ... thus by Title, Channel or Category.

The ideal thing would be if we could "mark" individual shows or groups for a batch deletes. That would eliminate having to deal with the Are You Sure each time ...

But, I did like the ditch the group option as well ...

T.

Last edited by mightyt; 01-02-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I like the idea of a batch-delete list. That way, you could queue up items to be deleted and either "move them to the trash" and have Sage whack them when necessary, or dump the items yourself.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
IThe ideal thing would be if we could "mark" individual shows or groups for a batch deletes. That would eliminate having to deal with the Are You Sure each time ...
T.

I not sure but you may be able to do this through Nielm's Web server plug-in At work at the moment so I cant check

JJ