SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

MP3pro playback problems

I have all my CD's (I own them all :-) ripped to my Sage box as mP3pro files. I did this a while back when needing smaller high quality files for a portable media device. They used to play fine on 2.x versions of Sage. I have not tried playback with Beta 3.x version but with version 4.x they have problems on playback. When I go to play them the spinning icon is on the middle of the screen for about 1-2 minutes and then it will start to play the file. They sound fine after it finally starts but it does this on every file. In task manager the System process pegs the server at 100% while it is spinning and Sage becomes unresponsive. I can play back these same files on a MVP and they play with no problems. WMA and regular mP3 files play fine. Any suggestions besides redoing all of my CD's or converting them to another format? Could this be considered a bug or not?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

I saw something similar to this when Sage played my mp3 files.

Try opening up filtergraph and playing one of the files in it. When I had this problem filtergraph also had the same problem. I tracked my cause to the AC3filter installed with Sage. I had to turn off the "prefer AC3filter" button inside AC3filter.

This fixed my problems.

hope this helps,
Old 11-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I had AC3Filter installed before the latest version of Sage installed it. It showed two instances of the filter in Sage so I uninstalled the downloaded version but it still showed two versions. I will reinstall that version so I can have the CP applet to configure and give it a go. Never would've thought that had anything to do with it. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Yes I found it frustrating to not have the configure applet for AC3filter. I had to use filtergraph to get access to the configuration settings to get it all working.

good luck,
Old 11-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, no love on AC3filter. still hanging on files. I am going to try and unregister the ac3filter.ax file in Windows and see if it clears up the issue. Strange that it is only mP3pro files and nothing else. My understanding of mP3pro is that a non mP3pro playback device just reads the standard mP3 stream. I'm by no means an audiophile but that is my understanding.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

No luck on unregistering the ac3filter.ax. I successful unregistered the driver and rebooted but still have the issue. I guess I will send a request to tech support to see if anything can be done. I'm open for other suggestions or I guess I'll have to block out another 20-30 hours to re-rip all my CD's