SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unable to enter double digit channels

Hi,

Added MVP to my setup (still on 2.2.8), and now having issues trying to tune into channels and in the tv guide. I assume it may be a small change in props, but when I am in TV guide and hit a number on the remote, it goes right to that channel in the guide, with only 1 digit allowed (ie 0-9). Previously i was able to enter say 58, and then enter, and it would go to 58 in the guide. Now no longer to get to 58 unless i page down. Also, when viewing live tv, i am only unable to enter double digit channels and go to it, only can scroll. I have the lineup set for cable, so not an antenna issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

sorry to push, but i still cant figure this out. any ideas?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Administrator

I can't reproduce this... how is your source configured? Is it set up to use any form of external converter box?

Wait... what are you using for Tuner Control in Source Details? Choose that button, select Remote Control Options, and check Digits per Channel. Is it '1'? If so, set it to what it should be.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Andy,

Will try when i get home. BTW, using Cayars STV if that matters.

I guess I never explored the remote control options under the sources - that would seem to make sense, but not sure why it would change to 1.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Administrator

I must have missed that you weren't using v4... you can try the setting I mentioned, but I have no idea if the channel entry code in that STV is the same as in the default STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, 2.2.8 (Cayars) does not seem to have that remote option to make changes. It may take an upgrade to 4.0, but i really do not want to do that since i dont have the time and everything is how i want it right now. Any last thoughts from anyone?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Channel input - Resolved

Well, I have resolved this, although not in a definitive way. Looks perhaps to be a hardware issue.

I have a 150 and 250, and have cable and S-video input. I have cable into both the 150 and 250, and had S-video programming (SAT) into 150. I switched the S-video input to the 250 due to the horrible sound the 150 produces on the audio inputs (I guess a common issue). And wouldn't you know, I am now able to input channels in guide and LiveTV.

Now if i could just get my 150 IR blaster to work w/ my SAT STB....[BTW, spoke to Hauppuage tech and they said they may be working on a resolution to allow the 150's blaster to learn commands, but did not sound real definitive]