SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

"watch live TV" doesn't work if video playing

If I'm watching an imported video or a Sage recording, clicking on "watch live TV" does not do anything except make the menu disappear and the current program's info appears.

I have tested it on the server and on a separate client, same behavior on both. Thought it could have been related to dynamic menus, but same behavior even with default STV.

Anybody else seen this issue?

edit: but if no video is playing, then "watch live TV" works just fine.

Last edited by ke6guj; 11-09-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Yup -- that's what happens. It essentially uses the "Live TV" command that is descibed on p. 196 of the v4 PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the info.

Yup, that seems to be the way that it is acting. Not the way I would like it to work. If I'm watching a recording and bring up the menu, why would I want to hit "watch live tv" to close the menu when I can just back out to close the menu.?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Watch Live TV - improve please!

I think the Watch Live TV option in SageTV 4.0 could use some added functionality. When you select it, Sage just jumps to whatever the 1st tuner is recording. It would be nice if selecting Watch Live TV gave you a list of your tuners and what's being recorded on each.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Sage Icon

I would also enjoy being able to disassociate it from what is recording. I do not consider a recording to be live tv. When I select live tv I'd like it to use a free tuner to always tune to the first channel in my lineup...

Not sure how easy this is to accomplish in Studio. But I also don't feel like performing the change to every new stv that comes out.