SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 PM

MediaMVP: switch from Sage client to Hauppauge menus for avi?

I have upgraded to v4 and everything works as before, including my Media MVP. Is there some way to switch from using the SageTV menus through my MVP to using the MediaMVP native menus when I want to play .avi files? Wil using an STV with an external player (e.g. VLC) help?

I note that if I have the MVP sw running on two local machines that rebooting the MVP forces it to switch to the other server. I guess I could try this and run the Hauppauge sw on one machine and the Sage client on the other, but this would force the video to travel from one computer to another and then to the MVP.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Why not play the .avi files through Sage?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:39 AM

I would love to play them through Sage, but I do not believe it is possible to play them through the MediaMVP using the SageTV client. At least that is what I have experienced and have read here. My hope is to find a way to remotely switch to the native MediaMVP menus when playing avi files and use Sage for other files and broadcast.

I guess my other options are:

1. Put a cheap PC running Sage Client in place of the MVP.

2. Rerip a big pile of DVDs into MPEG-2.

3. Find an alterntive stand alone box that will play avis and work with Sage.

4. Run downstairs and turn off SageTV every time I want to watch and AVI, then run back to restart Sage to restore TV (time to start training my 2 year old...).

Thanks,

wjf