SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageTVservice with ver 4.

I started using the SageTV service because sometimes when I put Sage to sleep and put the computer in standby the program would be exited meaning it was no longer running. Now I am experiencing a similar situation with SageTV service. I noticed on several occasions that scheduled recording did not take place. On one occasion I just happened to be next to the computer and realized that a favorite should be recording but the computer was not on. I turned the computer on and briefly saw the message that the connection to the SageTV service was lost and it then reconnected and started recording. Obviously the whole point of using the service is to insure that recordings take place. However in my case it appears that when I put the PC into standby it sometimes looses the connection to the service. Any body else have this problems or have any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you expecting the service to run while the machine is in standby? I don't think that's going to work.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Whether a client becomes disconnected from the server or not, the server should be able to continue with recordings (unless there is something else amiss).
Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Don't worry about the connection to the service - that's irrelevant. Whenever the computer comes out of standby the client has to wait a secondor two before it can connect to the service; on my slow old machine it can take a good 5 seconds or so. This has nothing to do with your problem.

The service runs under the covers - you can close the client down entirely, so that all you can see is the windows desktop, and the service will still be running.

The problem you have is that the computer is not coming out of standby to do recordings at all. You are correct, it should be able to do this; mine does. Windows can schedule the computer to wake itself up at a certain time, and Sage should do that scheduling for all the recordings it expects to make.

As to why it isn't working - I'm not sure, I'm afraid. Sorry.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the replys. Now I understand the reconnecting part. Its just reconnecting to the client in this case local user as I am not networked. If standby is not working properly then perhaps the event logs may give a clue. I will check those. By the way this all seemed to work ok until I upgraded to 4. Thanks
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.