SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

pause button w/ dual 150s

Well, recently upgraded to v4 and added a 2nd PVR150 (MCE this time to go with a Canadian retail). Aside from some small adjustments, all is going well. However, now when I am watching a recording (I almost never watch 'livetv'), and I push the pause button on my remote (Girder controlled, mapped to whatever the Sage.gml I dl'ed from the community site had it set up to), 'focus' switches to one of the 2 tuners, and what ever channel it was last on. Live TV starts. If I hit pause again, I return to my recording (which paused where I asked it to). Back and forth I can go, like I am hitting an A/B switch. Same thing happens if I pause LiveTV - I switch to the other tuner, which goes 'active'.

Does anyone with dual+ tuners have the same issue I do? Is the pause button mapped to the wrong function?

And a related question: if I am channel surfing in livetv, will the two tuners alternate (assuming that there are no favourites being recorded)? IE: will the last channel button switch me to the other tuner which has continued recording whatever channel it was left on?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Odd, I have 4 tuners (2 PVR-500's) and I don't see that. I do have show video on menu's to NEVER though. Either that or maybe you've got your pause mapped to the wrong function, or set so it's doing 2 possible things.

I think the TV, and/or Previous command might cause what you're seeing, at least they look like they might in the manual. I never use either of those so I'm not sure.

Make sure you haven't mapped to either of those commands, or what you have mapped to isn't also mapped to either of those commands. It should be mapped to the play/pause command and only that I believe.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Well, recently upgraded to v4 and added a 2nd PVR150 (MCE this time to go with a Canadian retail). Aside from some small adjustments, all is going well. However, now when I am watching a recording (I almost never watch 'livetv'), and I push the pause button on my remote (Girder controlled, mapped to whatever the Sage.gml I dl'ed from the community site had it set up to), 'focus' switches to one of the 2 tuners, and what ever channel it was last on. Live TV starts. If I hit pause again, I return to my recording (which paused where I asked it to). Back and forth I can go, like I am hitting an A/B switch. Same thing happens if I pause LiveTV - I switch to the other tuner, which goes 'active'.

Does anyone with dual+ tuners have the same issue I do? Is the pause button mapped to the wrong function?

And a related question: if I am channel surfing in livetv, will the two tuners alternate (assuming that there are no favourites being recorded)? IE: will the last channel button switch me to the other tuner which has continued recording whatever channel it was left on?
If all you did was download and used someone else's Girder gml I would start investigating there. Thi s sounds more like a Girder issue. I have a PVR500 and 2 x PVR250 and don't see your issue.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

After a little testing, it seems that changing the video on menus to NEVER has resolved this bug. I will report if anything changes.

Thanks all
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Okay, after more use... the problem remains...

After more testing, I have determined that the problem is only repeatable when using my remote. If I hit the pause "button" with my mouse, Sage reacts normally. If I hit the pause button on the remote, Sage switchs to another video (the other tuner on livetv, or a random (?) video). The REALLY strange thing is if I use the "mouse pause" once, then the "remote pause" works normally, until I sleep Sage. Then the problem returns...

Ideas?
Old 11-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Administrator

As was mentioned above, double check the gml file in Girder. It sure sounds like it is sending either the wrong command, or 2 commands: Pause + Previous Channel. Find out what command(s) that remote button is assigned to.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

The relevant .gml section...

<Command Name="Pause" Identifier="123" Enabled="TRUE">
<StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert>
<OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>SageWin</Target_name><Target_class>SageClientApp</Target_class><Submatch>TRUE</Submatch>
<Topmost>FALSE</Topmost><MatchBy>3</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>TRUE</MatchHidden>
<MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>112</ActionType><ActionSubType>7</ActionSubType><sValue1>1258 1 6</sValue1>
<sValue2>0</sValue2><iValue2>6</iValue2><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3><EventString Name="EventString" Identifier="235" Enabled="TRUE" Invert="FALSE" Device="207" IrStr="1F800"></EventString></Command>

Also, as stated - it works if I use the onscreen pause button once first...

Also... I used a modified SagetvCLIENT .gml on my Sagetv box. Everything else works so I'm not sure that could be the problem, but above in the gml code it states Identifier=123; the base SageTV .gml says Identifier=466? Could this do it?? I thought the sendmessage info would be the only thing that would affect the sent message...

Last edited by JonTom; 11-28-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
As was mentioned above, double check the gml file in Girder. It sure sounds like it is sending either the wrong command, or 2 commands: Pause + Previous Channel. Find out what command(s) that remote button is assigned to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
If all you did was download and used someone else's Girder gml I would start investigating there. Thi s sounds more like a Girder issue. I have a PVR500 and 2 x PVR250 and don't see your issue.
Got it, thanks all. Somehow the gml had the same IR Code assigned to Pause + Prev Channel. Seems to be fixed now...