SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Weather > Back > Onine Services ???

It seems there is a problem going back to the previous menu when accessing Weather in 4.0.

When you are in weather and click the silver back arrow at the upper left side of the screen it does not take you back to the previous menu, but always takes you to back to the Online Services menu ??

Shouldn't it just go back to the prior menu you were at??

T.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Administrator

There is no bug there - it is documented on p. 106 of the manual.

The Left arrow command goes to the menu's parent in most menus. In a few places, it may act as Back. Use the Back command if you always want to go to the menu you were previously at.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There is no bug there - it is documented on p. 106 of the manual.

The Left arrow command goes to the menu's parent in most menus. In a few places, it may act as Back. Use the Back command if you always want to go to the menu you were previously at.

- Andy
Yea ... that's great for the remote ... but with mouse clicks and the great ability to customize Dynamic Menus being around for some time, it would be better to have the back arrow work as the Back Command so you are backed in to the prior menu rather than a hard coded parent menu.

Just my 2 pennies ...

Of course I suspect this is another thing I could tweak with Studio once I get this puppy all configured OTB, setup with available 4.0 customization and install desired existing plug-ins ... Only half way there ...

I am so impatient ... I just want it all ... now ...

Thanks, T.

Last edited by mightyt; 11-19-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

This is the first tweak (and only one so far) in Studio. It took me about a 1/2 hour to figure out but I did it. I was also using Nielms Dynamic menu which removes the Online services menu by default and while I left that alone I did take it into account. I can try and post an image of the Studio mods I did if that will help (and if I can remember where to find them.)
Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
I was also using Nielms Dynamic menu which removes the Online services menu by default
Actually, it should do this but it does not, which is probably why MightyT was seeing his 'problem'..

One for the to-do list...

(to fix in studio, Edit->copy the 'BeforeMenuLoad' hook child in the Search Menu, and then select the Online Services menu, and Edit->Paste Reference... Should create a new link to the BeforeMenuLoad hook, which should bypass the online services menu)
Old 11-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Actually, it should do this but it does not, which is probably why MightyT was seeing his 'problem'..

One for the to-do list...

(to fix in studio, Edit->copy the 'BeforeMenuLoad' hook child in the Search Menu, and then select the Online Services menu, and Edit->Paste Reference... Should create a new link to the BeforeMenuLoad hook, which should bypass the online services menu)
As soon as I installed your Dynamic menu the flow went:

Main Menu
>Media Center
>Weather

Going back it went:
Weather
<Online Services
<Media Center

So I guess that unless my install of the Dynamic Menu was faulty we are both half right. It does remove it going forward but not back.

Since Weather was the only submenu of Online Services I thought it made sense to go directly from Media Center to Weather (which is how your menu change worked) but you have to go back through Online Services which bugged me.

I opened Studio to the Weather menu, renamed the "Back to Online Services" button to "Back to Media Center" and then deleted the default back widget (which took you back to Online Services) and replaced it with a reference to the standard back widget which takes you back to where you came from (Media Center in this case).

I'm also very new to Studio so my descriptions of the various components/widgets are probably not accurate but I hope you can understand what I'm talking about.

As a side note, I assume that Sage has more things planned for the Online Services menu in the future and that is why they put it there but until they do so it doesn't make sense. Menus are very much like outlines and any English teacher would take points off for an outline such as the following:

1. Main Topic 1
a. Subtopic 1
b. Subtopic 2

2. Main Topic 2
a. Subtopic 1

3. Main Topic 3
a. Subtopic 1
b. Subtopic 2
c. Subtopic 3

Since Main Topic 2 only has a single subtopic there is no reason for it.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks sleonard & mielm ... I will be trying to reset the back arrow to the back command per your suggestions. To me it makes more sense and would work for the standard Sage menus and Dynamic menus.

The logic to me when you move/click forward up any menu tree it should work exactly in reverse when backing down ... like I said earlier, prior menu.

Oh, yea ... sleonard ...If you could post your Studio mod screen shots that would be great! I'm new to Studio too ...

Thanks, T.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Thanks sleonard & mielm ... I will be trying to reset the back arrow to the back command per your suggestions. To me it makes more sense and would work for the standard Sage menus and Dynamic menus.

The logic to me when you move/click forward up any menu tree it should work exactly in reverse when backing down ... like I said earlier, prior menu.

Oh, yea ... sleonard ...If you could post your Studio mod screen shots that would be great! I'm new to Studio too ...

Thanks, T.
Ok, here it is. Remember I kind of muddled though this so I'm not sure if I remember exactly what I did but I think this is accurate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Neilm Fix.JPG (70.4 KB, 191 views)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Ok, here it is. Remember I kind of muddled though this so I'm not sure if I remember exactly what I did but I think this is accurate.
Thanks sleonard ... I'll give it a try soon ... !!!!!

T.