SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

EPG "No Data"

After more than 24 hours with EPG problems, I thought I'd come here - My EPG data (*Standard SageTV provided data for United States cable provider) has been fairly corrupt over the past day.

Most channels are displaying "No Data" for their programs, and a scant few have seemingly random information about programs. I have waited 24 hours for another EPG update, restarted Sage, rebooted the machine, even gone so far as to delete out the "EPG/Last Run" entry in the .properties file in hopes that it would run itself again. (not sure if that would even work)

I've verified connection to my network/Internet, and have not recently updated anything (no Java updates, no Windows updates).

Is anyone else experiencing such a problem, and if not, should I fire an email over to the Sage folks?

Thanks for any input!
-Greg

(EPG for zip 02920, Cox Communications - Cranston, std. cable, Enhanced Basic Service)
Old 11-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Same issue here. I also tried to delete a Video Source and reinstall it. This kept giving me an error on looking up cable provider but finally went through after a few tries. However, it only populated some channels. I noticed you're in Rhode Island Greg. I am in Mass. Is this a regional issue? Or could it be a Charter issue? What Cable Co. do you have?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm with Cox cable - It is worth noting that I have also attempted this using the default Sage STV instead of my own, just to make sure it wasn't an STV issue.

(I've submitted a support request)

Last edited by greggerm; 11-20-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

I have the same problem downloading the EPG data. I am in Portland Oregon.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
I have the same problem downloading the EPG data. I am in Portland Oregon.
NYPlayer - are you using my STV or the default? (I'm asking because you've participated in the discussions about my STV and so has DVD_Maniac - I'd hate for this to be an STV issue...)
Old 11-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Greg,

Did an uninstall of Sage, delete folder, rebooted, reinstalled Sage V4. Went through the complete setup and I'm still getting the Cannot connect to the Sage server error message upon Video source setup. So no, I do not think it is your STV, after a couple tries it again connects and downloads lineup (very LONG process again). Then the same issue with most channels not showing up.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

greggerm,

Yes I am using your STV... I was able to download the data. It appears it is a sagetv server problem... not your STV.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Its still messed up not getting the complete guide.!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good to hear - I also tried a uninstall/reinstall - downloaded the channels after a significant delay, but NOTHING for program data.

SageTV EPG Server problem it is!

Awaiting a fix and/or response from Sage folks to the service ticket I submitted. If it's not made public when it's back, I'll forward any relevant communications to here.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Everything seems fine now, but it is curious that we SEEM to have been the only people affected and a weird coincidence that we are all Greggerm STV users???? But we also know from the uninstall-reinstall that this STV was not to blame.... HHMmmmm!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

There's another thread right below ours by Joeyprice stating a similar problem.

Plus, on my reload, I let it sit with v4.0.0 default and nothing has shown up.

Methinks it was an STV server hiccup... but I still seem to be experiencing it - no shows known still. I have to check out Cayars to see how he linked into the "force update" code. I don't want to wait.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah I am still missing data for some channels not all are there. I am using the webserver to try and force updates. Got some but not all channels.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage User

using sage 3 ( waiting for fewer bugs in 4 ) and my epg stopped updating. the "time to next update" in my system information says 0 minutes, last updat is "now", and aftew dec 1, sage won't even display the date in the sage tv guide.

even removed sources...

is there an epg format change?!?!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

...I think that about sums it up!

Thankfully, it's looking like a SageTV-side problem.

Hopefully things will straighten up when the workweek starts up tomorrow morning.

-Greg
Old 11-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

FYI -

My EPG updated at some point overnight (or this morning) with information across all channels. It was running GermSage v1.6 at the time.

I haven't yet seen an official response, but I would imagine that either the Sage EPG server or the data source for the EPG server was the problem.

Either way, my particular EPG "No Data" problem seems solved.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same problem. I am running the trial of version 4 and have "No Data" in the EPG for about 12 channels. I am on DishNetwork - Sacramento feed. Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Same problem here shatter. I'm on a Fairbanks Alaska feed. I was going to give it a day or 2 to try to sort out. On a note though if any Sage ppl are reading this, it doesn't look wonderful if people install the 15 day demo and don't get good programming info in the guide
Old 12-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Here in Maryland it is 10:27 PM on Sunday and still no data... Any official word from any Sage people on this yet???