SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Sage User

SageTV Tuner problems (FIXED!)

I was having major problems with static on one of the two PVR-250 cards in my machine. I have the cards in my machine with an empty slot between them. One of the cards would act like the TV cable was in very bad condition, mostly static in the picture.

I was getting upset because no matter what I did with the cables, it would just get a little worse the longer the tuners operated.

Well, while having computer off to change stuff around, I accidently brushed my hand against one of the cards and it was HOT.

So, I mounted an 80mm fan over the cards to blow onto both cards and the static went away. Both tuners would give perfect reception (no static) on channels 9 and higher but would still see some static (like someone was running a microwave nearby) on the lower channels, with channel 3 having the most.

Now all I need to do is find out what is causing the interferrence and move/remove it to get perfect recordings on the lower channels.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

you wont get rid of it on channels 3 or 4 with a pvr-250. it's a noted problem that exists specifically on those channels with a pvr-250 (and the 350 too i believe?)

pvr-150's and 500's are immune to this.