SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Sage User

Remote Codes

I can't tell from searching if this has been covered elsewhere. If so, please point me to a link.

I have read the stuff on extending irremote.ini for other remotes, but either missed our could not find the stuff that lets me know what numeric codes map to what button on my universal remote, assuming that this remote is not among those for which there are specific changes already posted.

Is there software I could use to determine what codes are being sent by my remote when I press a button?

I guess I should have been more specific. In irremote.ini, there is the following section:
; map RC5 System Codes to button "name" lookup table
; Note: 0 (classic remote) conflicts with standard "philips" TV remotes
[SystemCode]
0=HCWClassic
31=HCWPVR
How do I determine what code my Yamaha rav174 should be for this?

next, in the specific stanza for HCWPVR, there is:

12=RADIO
13=MUTE
15=TV
16=VOLUP
17=VOLDOWN
30=RESERVED
How do I determine what my Yamaha rav174 is sending when I press on a button?

Thanks,

Last edited by jadawin; 11-25-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Sage User

Remote Codes

Bump. still looking for this kind of information.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Administrator

This is covered in the "irremote-ini_Documentation.zip" download, found in post 1 of Hauppauge link 1 in my sig lines. That file has 2 text files documenting irremote.ini; "How to extend irremote-ini.txt" has info regarding figuring out a replacement remote's buttons.

BUT, the Hauppauge receiver is not a universal receiver. If your remote doesn't emit RC5 IR protocol codes and/or can't learn such codes, then you can't use that remote. (I think RC6 also works with the 150's IR receiver.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
This is covered in the "irremote-ini_Documentation.zip" download, found in post 1 of Hauppauge link 1 in my sig lines. That file has 2 text files documenting irremote.ini; "How to extend irremote-ini.txt" has info regarding figuring out a replacement remote's buttons.

BUT, the Hauppauge receiver is not a universal receiver. If your remote doesn't emit RC5 IR protocol codes and/or can't learn such codes, then you can't use that remote. (I think RC6 also works with the 150's IR receiver.)

- Andy
Thanks for directing me thare, but unliess I am totally missing the point, while that document does say how to expand the codes in irremote.ini, it does not give ma any clue about what system number to pick.

The document referred to says that if you want to use system 25, just put in a definition of it. If it is completely arbitrary, it seems that my universal remote is not compatible. If it is not totally arbitrary, how do i find out what system code to user for my universal remote?

I still feel I am missing a key piece of inforamtion, but it may be that my universal remote does not emit RC5 protocol.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Administrator

The last section of the txt file I mentioned has a 5-step PITA trial & error process for doing what you are trying to do. I don't know of an easy solution for dealing with a bunch of unknown remote codes.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The last section of the txt file I mentioned has a 5-step PITA trial & error process for doing what you are trying to do. I don't know of an easy solution for dealing with a bunch of unknown remote codes.

- Andy
Thanks Andy, I will give it a try.