SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Sage Icon

Padding for Manual recording question

I was wondering if there is a setting to set default padding for manual recordings in V4. I think I remember using it in previous versions but could have been because of a custom STV. Now that my TV Series recording schedule is under 40 per week I wanted to add some movies. I went through the Upcoming Movies list and added about 20. But I do not want to go through each one to add padding if I do not have to.

Thanx in advance for any help....
Old 12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12168

I have not yet had a chance to put it in the downloads area, and it does not work for favorites...
Old 12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx Nielm,

I will try it out when i get home tonight...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Nielm,

I have installed the padding import but it does not seem to be working. All my manual recordings have shown no padding before or after? I tried to up to padding but still nothing.

Any Ideas?

WinXP Pro, Sage4, Greggerm's STV with Dynamic Menu and your Padding import STVI installed.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

The padding doesn't show up on the timebar graph. Also, when you select Play a recording it starts at 0:00 so if you have say 3 minutes of pre-padding you'll have to hit play, and then use one of the skip commands (rw or rw2) to get to the pre-padded area.

Same goes for the extra padding at the end. It doesn't show on the timebar, but will play all the way to the end of the padding if you let it. So say you had a 1 hour show with 3 minutes pre-padding and 3 minutes post-padding. The timebar will only show 1:00 of recording length but the full 1:06 are there.

At least that's the way the default info timebar works.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham
The padding doesn't show up on the timebar graph.
It does in v4, or at least it does in the default STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It does in v4, or at least it does in the default STV.

- Andy
Hmm, must have just never noticed it since I use such small padding values. 1 minute pre-padding and 2 minutes post padding (unless it's something preceded by a sports even then about 1.5 hrs post padding.)
Old 12-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham
Hmm, must have just never noticed it since I use such small padding values. 1 minute pre-padding and 2 minutes post padding (unless it's something preceded by a sports even then about 1.5 hrs post padding.)
You can see even 1 & 2 minute padding times... and 1.5 hours of padding will most definitely be visible.

BTW: there are vertical bars separating the padded areas from regular recording times.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

It is definitely not padding manual recordings. I am fimiliar with the way the timebar displays the padding. It is simply not there. Even opening the video in videoReDo and other apps that show duration confirm this.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I have installed the padding import but it does not seem to be working. All my manual recordings have shown no padding before or after? I tried to up to padding but still nothing.
...Greggerm's STV.
I have not tested it with greggern's STV, but I believe it is close enough to sagetv3 to work... (it works on my SageTV3 STV from 4.0)

Have you set the default padding options in detailed setup/customize?

I do know that it does not set default padding in new favorites in sagetv3 (bug)...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Sage Icon

I might have found the culprit

I first installed the import on the Sage server but do most of my scheduiing from a client machine(Padding doesn't take). I first tried to set a manual recording up on the server and the padding worked. Then I installed the import on the client and modified the setting on the client(doesn't get the setting from the server) and finally setup a manual recording from the client again and the padding worked.