SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-03-2005, 10:45 AM

Changing channels pegs SageTV

I recently upgraded my dedicated SageTV box and also upgraded to version 4. Since that time, I am not able to actually change TV stations. If I just try hitting channel up, video stops, I get the little sage logo that starts to spin in the center of the screen, CPU usage hits 98% and memory shoots past 256megs and climbs. I have to end the program, then start it back up.

My system is as follows:

Shuttle SK43G with Win XP Pro (SP2)
Athlon 64 3400+
1 gig (2x512 in dual channel) memory
160 gig WD SATA hard drive
Happauge PVR-150

Am I just missing something or is this a bug?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator

I've seen some people say they are having problems with the 150's drivers recently, but I don't know if this is what can happen as a result.

What recording rate are you using? Perhaps try closing SageTV, or the service, and set seeker/fast_mux_switch=false in the sage.properties file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:03 PM

I am using the "Great" quality as my default. I used it before on version 2 with a slower machine and had no problem.

I reduced the quality to "good", updated the PVR-150 drivers to the current version, and made the change you suggested. However, it is still causing the problem.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Administrator

That's all I can think of right now; maybe someone else will have an idea.

You can enable logging using the debug_logging=TRUE property (note all caps for TRUE) in the properties file, then send the log to tech support. (Turn it back off when not trying to solve a problem.)

That motherboard isn't using a VIA chipset, is it? They seem to be known for having problems w/150s.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman5917
I recently upgraded my dedicated SageTV box and also upgraded to version 4.
What else did you upgrade on your box besides SageTV?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:52 PM

The whole box was upgraded. I went from an Athlon XP 2400+ to the athlon box. With that also came a clean install of windows and such.

Opus, it does use a VIA chipset, however, the previous box did as well. In both cases, the systems were dedicated, and I haven't gone and leaned windows out yet to cut out the un-needed services, etc.

I will get a log going and send it to support. If anyone else has an idea in the mean time, I'm all ears.