SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Sage Expert

Adding DTVControl functionality to Sage

I am able to control an HD DirecTV set-top box (DirecTV H10) with version 1.82 of DTVControl. Of course the serial control plugin (still!) does not work for such boxes within Sage. Is there any way to force Sage to use the DTVControl program instead of its inadequate and antiquated "DirecTV Serial" plugin?

These insurmountable tuning issues are unending...
Old 12-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

You should be able to use EXETunerPlugin to do this. http://www.sage.tv/2_papers/EXETunerPlugin.zip
Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Sage Expert

The notes supplied in the zipped file are outdated and/or inaccurate. I attempted to configure my system accordingly but it did not work at all.

Where or how within Sage do you instruct the system to use the EXETunerPlugin, specify the app (in this case the DirecTV Serial control version 1.82), and any applicable parameters for the plugin; in this case the command set to use for the particular set-top box?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

I only used it for a very short time, but I did notice that the dtvcontrol app needed to be launched for it to work. You will need to remove the source and then re-add it and this time after EXETunerPlugin is installed it will be an option to select instead of Sage's DTVcontrol.

The app name doesn't change, it is named in the reg file that you double click to add the registry entry. The command set to use gets configured after you launch dtvcontrol.

Last edited by dbfresh23; 12-03-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Sage Expert

I could not find a combination of settings, hardware configurations or applications that would make this work. There no longer seems to be a command-line app for the current release of the DirecTV control. Some others have mentioned that the EXEtunerPlugin is extremely versatile and may be readily adapted to several apps. Does any legitimate documentation exist on the usage, specs and parameters of the EXETunerPlugin that are still valid with current releases of Sage and/or DTVControl?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Sage Expert

Any Sage or DTVControl folks out there?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Sage Expert

bump