SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Sage User

Error Message Help!

Alright i thought i had all the kinks out but now there's something screwy. I have two computers talking to each other through a Switch and they're seeing each other. Now when i try to watch liveTV it gives me this error message:

"There was a Playback Error in playback. Details:
sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217):
There was a problem rendering the video potion
of the content for playback."

Any help would be appreciated. BTW i have VMR9 enabled but for some reason when i look in at the setting it doesn't show that 3d acceleration is enabled. And it would let me manually enable it either. Thanks guys!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Sage User

well...

Well i resolved the video playback issue by changing it off of vmr9, now it's just on default. But now im not getting any audio plus the video is skippy. help!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Sage User

hmmm...help?! Well now i got a different error message saying that it had an problem accessing the filesystem for capture. HELP ME PLEASE!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Administrator

What exactly did the error say? And, what tuner are you using? There isn't much to go on here.

You have to make sure SageTV has permission to read & write to all the recording dirs, especially if they are network locations. Also, if using service mode, you have to use UNC paths, not mapped drives, and the service has to be set to use a user w/a password for UNC path usage.

Plus, you want any recording dirs to be formatted using 64K clusters sizes to help prevent stuttering in the recordings/playback.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the Advice

Im using a Hauppauge Pvr-500. How do i make SageTV have permissions to write to the directories? The SageTV is recoding to a drive on the server. Is Service Mode when you have it open on startup on it's own and even when SageTV is closed it's recording? If so then that's what im doing. How do i setup a UNC path? I know that i should probably reformat the drive to use 64K clusters...that's a good idea. I'll update you guys after i do that but i don't think that'll resolve the sound issue. Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Administrator

For whether you are running in service mode -- see p. 14 & on in the v4 manual. If you never configured it to run in service mode, then you aren't using it. (Or: is sagetvservice.exe running Windows Task Manager's Processes tab?)

I don't have a good explanation of setting network permissions -- I'm not even entirely certain if network permissions is what is causing your fielsystem problems, but I figured I would mention it as something to check.

Are you even using v4, btw? I just noticed that you said VMR9 is on, but 3D Acceleration isn't. V4 doesn't normally allow you to set it that way... and if it is set like that, you aren't using VMR9.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Sage User

Well i figured out the Filesystem thing. The Harddrive that i have set as the Directory was unplugged... But all the other problems persist. Is there anyway that i can manually enable 3d Acceleration...because i can't turn it on at all through the options im given. I don't think that i need to use VMR9, do i? what's the difference btwn VMR9 & Overlay? Thanks Opus4!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Administrator

I don't know what to say about the sound problem; maybe someone else will have comments or you can try searching the forum -- I think others are having sound problems w/the 500.

If you can't enable 3D Acceleration, you may need to update your DirectX installation.

- Andy