SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Sage User

Weird problems with 4.0

I've been using Sage 2.x for a while now with absolutely zero problems. I installed 4.0 for the full screen exclusive mode and now my wife is about to leave me.

Don't get me wrong, when it works.. its a nice step up from the previous versions, but I'm having some weird problems once Sage has been running for a while. I have one client PC and a server that is also running the client (the wifes treadmill PVR. heh) and on both machines; at different times; the EPG will be blank, the disk space indicator will be all zeros, nothing in my recorded shows and other missing data that I can't think of right now. It is very strange since it happens on both machines. I've tried turning FSE off and am running just the default STV's with the secret extras turned on (could THAT be it?). It seems it happens when Sage comes out of its screen saver. I'll try to disable that and see if that helps. In the mean time, any ideas? I'm updating Java right now to see if that will help.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Administrator

What are you doing to resolve it so far? That sounds like you've lost the connection to the server -- are you running in service mode? If the service dies & isn't set to restart automatically, both the client & server UIs won't have any info.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did you update right over the top of 2.xx? I had a problem doing that on my server machine. Once I removed the old and did a clean re-install everything worked good. I know you should be able to upgrade right over the old, but this one time it didn't work but starting from scratch did.

Randy
Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Sage User

Well, what is weird is it does this on the server too. I was thinking it was a networking issue but it does it locally also. The server is not running in service mode, it is also running the UI. I just tried updating Java and no go. It still screws up. This time I came out of watching a show and boom; you can tell right away because the disk space indicator at the top is virtually blank and I'm even missing the little triangle in the upper left corner to click "back".
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrad2
Well, what is weird is it does this on the server too. I was thinking it was a networking issue but it does it locally also. The server is not running in service mode, it is also running the UI. I just tried updating Java and no go. It still screws up. This time I came out of watching a show and boom; you can tell right away because the disk space indicator at the top is virtually blank
So, on the server PC, if you check the Windows Task Manager's Processes tab, there is only 1 process with SageTV in the name? (SageTV.exe)

You could try deleting (or moving) your sage.properties file & its autobackup file, so that everything is reconfigured when you start SageTV, or you could even try uninstalling & reinstalling the whole application.

You could also try sending a debug log to tech support: close SageTV, add debug_logging=TRUE (including CAPS) to the sage.properties file, then restart SageTV. After it happens again, save & send the resulting log file (sagetv_0.txt) to tech support with a description of the problem.

Quote:
I'm even missing the little triangle in the upper left corner to click "back".
If you are on the Main Menu & no media is playing, there will be no 'back' triangle displayed.

- Andy

- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.