SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Passing image name from action to image widget

I'm getting frustrated here... I'm trying to pass a image name put in an action widget to image widget.
it looks like

[1](if) = [Some expression that evaluates to true]
[2] .|--(action)="Device1.png
[3] .......|-- (image)=[some other name]
[4] .|-- (image)="Device0.png"
[5] .|-- (image)= [Reference to 3.]

Now i know 1. is evaluating to true because 4. gets displayed. (4. was put there as a test.) Also if I have 5. in the code it also gets displayed with the [some other name] but 3 doesn't!

FYI if you can't tell from the post.. 2,4,5 are children of 1. 3 is a child of 2.

What am I doing wrong?

If I copy 2&3 and put it in the "REM Show To-Be-Recorded Marker" widget chain in the program guide right where "RecordMR.png" is, I see the icon displayed!

Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 12-09-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Administrator

W/o seeing the actual code, it is hard to tell. The first thing I would do is check-mark Tools -> Notify on Errors to see if something isn't right. (There is a quote missing in your post for line 2, but that might just be a posting error.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

From codeseg1.
Ok.. I've changed the code a little but I still get the same results... line 1 should pass the file name to the Line2 image widget, right?
Nothing gets displayed until I insert line 3. Line 3 is what is getting displayed. So I also know the branch is getting executed.

If I copy lines 1 & 2 to one of the "Is" branches (from the codeseg2) then I also get my display

And I turned on the notify errors thing and I get extra info..
oh.. and the missing quote was a posting error...

ARGH!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp codeseg1.bmp (379.6 KB, 363 views)
File Type: bmp codeseg2.bmp (375.4 KB, 355 views)
Old 12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Maybe it is something simple, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. The menu was reloaded after adding the lines? The image widget actually has a size for it to use to display itself? The image file exists? You could put a breakpoint on a line above it & step through it in the debugger to see if it goes to those lines. You could upload the STV & perhaps someone will have time to take a look.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Maybe it is something simple, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
The menu was reloaded after adding the lines?
yes
Quote:
The image widget actually has a size for it to use to display itself?
yes
Quote:
The image file exists?
yes
Quote:
You could put a breakpoint on a line above it & step through it in the debugger to see if it goes to those lines.
I did. It goes to the action widget and back through the loop..

Quote:
You could upload the STV & perhaps someone will have time to take a look.
I may end up doing this.

I really think this might be a bug.. It may have something to do with being in the loop

I did some experiment by taking the action tree out of the loop and it works. Then I started putting closer to the loop and then into it..

If you look at codeseg3 which is just inside the loop... It doesn't work. If I drop it just below the incrementation therby taking it out of the loop, it works (codeseg4). Also if I just add reference to the image widget it works (codeseg5)

Still

Wait.. I think I got it.. I wrote all the above post and then I glanced at the manual again to see if there was a different way to do a loop.... I don't know why, but in the manual it says that UI elements shouldn't be put in a loops.... I guess it's just some limitation in passing variables through to image widgets. The Image widget by its self works fine...
I guess I'll just have to have the loop set a variable and display the widget afterward..... Bummer..

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: bmp codeseg3.bmp (456.6 KB, 333 views)
File Type: bmp codeseg4.bmp (456.6 KB, 327 views)
File Type: bmp codeseg5.bmp (456.6 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by jbuszkie; 12-09-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
Wait.. I think I got it.. I wrote all the above post and then I glanced at the manual again to see if there was a different way to do a loop.... I don't know why, but in the manual it says that UI elements shouldn't be put in a loops.
Oh! I didn't realize it was in a loop. Yes, as the Loops tutorial says, only shapes can be used in a loop; do not use any other UI element widgets in a loop.

Depending on what you are trying to do, you might be able to make a DataUnion of the items & display the list via a table.

- Andy